Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What if? ( upgrade package )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd go for the extended range. I use the car as daily driver and would like a range above 500 km. I could go everywhere I like without having to think about range. But I would probably wait some years to upgrade, I'm out of money.

There's some interesting graphs on the telsamotors site that visually summarise where the energy goes Vs average speed (albeit a Dec 2008 write up).

If you drive up the Stelvio pass or Pikes Peak every day, then this kinda goes out the window ..

Roadster Efficiency and Range | Blog | Tesla Motors

JBdemographs2008.jpg

JBgraph2008predictedrangevsspeed.jpg

Stelvio Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pikes Peak International Hill Climb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
That's because I was away on vacation :wink:...I'll take the schpeed over the range for my Roadster anyday! :smile:

I totally understand that lots of people want a 90kWhr battery and 395 mile range.
But I'm kind of shocked that nobody expresses interest in the horsepower upgrade, lots of people spent $20k on the Sport option.

( Yes I want a lighter battery and would love for the Roadster to have a lower Cd, but changing the aerodynamics at this point is extremely hard - that will have to wait for next generation Roadster. )