Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What impact to EDD if changing delivery location (different state not close to original)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
Looking for any insight that can be provided regarding changing their delivery location a substantial amount and the impact on their EDD. We ordered our Teslas when we lived in Florida but now are in the process of moving to Dallas. We got one fairly quickly, our MY LR (by current standards) but the other one we just got an EDD of end of Jan to first part of Feb 22.

Has anyone changed their delivery location by a significant amount and if so, did it impact your EDD? We are looking at over a 1000 mile difference in our situation. I don't really care if it is later, I just don't want it any sooner as we are still in the process of moving. This is for a Model S but there is a lot more ordering going on with the model Ys so I thought I would post here as given the shear number of orders, might be a chance someone was in a similar situation.

It seems that Tesla tries to get the East Coast orders out earliest to meet the EOQ numbers but not really sure how Texas stacks up.

It looks like I am the guinea pig for this. I changed my deliver location, I'll let everyone know how it impacts my EDD. Might not be a common thing but you never know when you might move in the middle of the long Tesla lead times.

I'd like to know how it changes your EDD, been considering changing my pick up to new jersey from Mt Kisco NY. Both are 2.5 hours from me
Can you do this? We’re closer to Pittsburgh than Mt Kisco and were thinking of maybe taking delivery or picking up from there vs carrier direct from Mt Kisco, but we were told we needed to pick up the car in the state we live in or in a state we own property in.

Can you do this? We’re closer to Pittsburgh than Mt Kisco and were thinking of maybe taking delivery or picking up from there vs carrier direct from Mt Kisco, but we were told we needed to pick up the car in the state we live in or in a state we own property in.
I've seen people here that have changed pickup locations, not sure if it's a Tesla rule about home state pickup, but I purchased my last vehicle in Vermont and registered in New York.

Reactions: RocY
I've seen people here that have changed pickup locations, not sure if it's a Tesla rule about home state pickup, but I purchased my last vehicle in Vermont and registered in New York.
Interesting. My husband talked to someone at Tesla yesterday and as a side note this came up and he was told that NY required inspections of some sort in order for you to get the car from another state and Tesla isn’t able to do that (or something along those lines). So, yes, it sounds like a Tesla rule.

I'd like to know how it changes your EDD, been considering changing my pick up to new jersey from Mt Kisco NY. Both are 2.5 hours from me
Hard to tell exactly but... I think it might have bumped me 2 weeks later. Which is fine with me at this point. Actually it might even be better. Only problem now might be it is getting in the zone where I have to worry about business trips impacting taking delivery of the car again.