Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What impact would an Apple car announcement have on M3 preorders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple has billions of dollars of cash, just sitting in non productive assets.

Tesla has perhaps the worlds best cars, but needs billions of dollars to further develop them and invest in production facilities.

Might make all the sense in the world for Apple to just buy Tesla, and retain Musk to run it. Everybody wins...a lot.
I can't think of a worse disaster. Tesla has spent years working on their OS, working out the kinks, improving it. Then Apple comes in, puts in Apple OS, an OS not made to drive cars, and ships off production to China to a company that uses slave labour. Yeah. That'll work out well. Watch how fast I cancel my reservation.

I have too many Apple devices to count, even my little kids have old iphones to mess with. I love their products, but I am also a long time car guy. Tesla gets the "performance car" thing (heck, Elon bought a McLaren F1 with his Paypal money), and I really doubt Apple would put pizzaz and speed high on their list of priorities in a car. Tesla "won't ever make a slow car" and that baseline theme branches out into many aspects of the vehicle which appeal to lots of people. I've been on board with Tesla since they started and they've got my car money. I, like most folks, have just been waiting for the day we can afford one of their cars.