Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What information would you want to know about Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very cool!

I'm wondering about how well the vents work. How many different directions can the vent blow? At full blast, how much air moves?

I'd like to know how the door unlocking works with the phone. Do you have to launch an app, or it just recognizes the bluetooth signal emanating from the phone? What range does that have? Does it match up driver profile with the bluetooth phone? Is it localized enough to know which phone is sitting in the driver's seat rather than the other seats?

I'm curious about road noise, motor noise, and if you hear any balloon squeal under heavy acceleration.

Is the touch screen more responsive than the S/X?

Can you clarify if the warranty for 8 years covers only the battery or includes the drivetrain like on the S/X?

Thanks much!

See if you can find out what the aero wheels look like without the covers.

And see if you can tell if the charge port is sealed well. I worry about the high pressure spray from automatic car washes, dust in high wind areas, etc.

I'm an October/December delivery date kind of guy/
The Model 3 will be my wife's, and she is not impressed so far with the not knowing the trunk size. She has to carry stuff for her work, and I need to know what size boxes will fit in the trunk..

Congrats!

I'd like to know the following:

How is the visibility?
How do the aero wheels look in person?
How firm is the ride?
What is the real world range of both standard and LR? When do we get the EPA ranges?
How hot is the car with the glass roof?
How easy is it to use the screen versus traditional dashboards?
How does the screen do with glare? With different lighting?
What are the differences between standard and premium seating? Is premium leather?
When can we see additional interior colors besides black and white? What colors are contemplated? Cream?
What is the price for Supercharging? Can lifetime be bought?
How will service be handled? Do we bring cars in or will they pick up? Are loaners provided?

I should stop as I've probable overloaded you already.

Appreciate you asking for input. Let us know how it goes. Hope this means you get your car soon.

Reactions: Scannerman
The Model 3 will be my wife's, and she is not impressed so far with the not knowing the trunk size. She has to carry stuff for her work, and I need to know what size boxes will fit in the trunk..

The Bloomberg reviewer said he measured the opening: Driving Tesla’s Model 3 Changes Everything and that it is 18.5"x42"

If the rear seats are folded down and the front seats are all the way forward you have 6'9" of space to lay down.

This is why I asked, a bunch of really good questions and I will definitely do my best to lookout and ask about everything I can. I have no plans for buying a model 3 since I have an X. But maybe one in the future as a second car, that or the Y.

I've come up with a lot of questions; I hope I don't overwhelm you!
  • Is there a browser on the 15" touchscreen?
  • What do the release notes show for the firmware?
  • Is the steering wheel heated?
  • How does opening the Trunk work without a fob? (Can you kick under the car to open it? Is there an external button to push? Do you have to open the app on your phone?)
  • How does opening the Frunk work without a fob? (Can you kick under the car to open it? Is there an external button to push? Do you have to open the app on your phone?)
  • How good does the sound system sound compared to your X?
  • Are the phone docking stations really inductive charging pads, or do you have to hookup a cable?
  • How do you adjust the TACC set speed? (Touch screen? Steering wheel scroll buttons?)
  • What does the range show when charged to 100%. (Yeah, I know slim chance of finding that out unless they charge it in advance of your arrival.)
  • Are the inside handle to open the rear doors electronic buttons? Is there any easily accessible emergency/manual handle like there is in the front?
  • Is there a glow in the dark emergency open handle in the trunk?
  • Does the drivers side sun visor have a lighted mirror?
  • Are there any nets/hooks/tie-downs in the trunk?
  • What are the ambient lighting settings on the touchscreen?
  • Are there floor mats?
  • How do you get to the jumper posts if the 12v battery is dead?
  • How much noise does the HVAC system make in the car when the fan is set fairly high?
  • How much external noise does the car make when Supercharging at a low SOC?
  • Are there trip meters? If so, how many and what details do they show?
  • What does the touchscreen look like while driving with Nav active? (Where are the turn-by-turn directions displayed?)
  • If you aren't using the phone to open/start the car how close do you have to get the NFC card to unlock the car? Where does if have to be placed to start the car? Can you open the Trunk/Frunk with it?

Maybe you could take pictures of the entire paper manual that should have come in the glove box. :)

That should answer a lot of questions...

BTW: Thanks in advance for whatever information you can get and share with us!

Last edited:
Good pictures here, including a diagram of lying down in the back:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Q2xNd09Wam91b29IZVJNNDFBeFYyYktpcFJPbVln
And a picture of someone sticking his head out of the trunk.
D8lLG4SBfO_sDkB-AksDvWazwaoVYam9gad-k9uCod3M8KmHqIStyt2EVSgIrAUCF3qlNymJTPI_XmHXDh0C_Yc1VVFdelS9Zze5bls_MciBMFrpCRcFB0E85xxCt6vo6BZi1V-sF71NLeZwj4sZFXsqmSksQhWoYCR919oAKWWOeAjX3_J5oq8Ez5Qfbx5OXQCqI3q9ibOlWO2Hl9OeR-jDTHk7-LnyWkB7_usvR4ZfDDnbFcpz-J8_MCO77L3n6WAWlwlEciOJPzN3IV8jnVpGcKRedOzJQqFxiMzit7gK_5zISEoF8tKIKA3huN1vopLyBl1D5m0E4y36dlxFSMwl-v4r9LKG0L0kMs21tLuKdBY21e0Fwxfj2-jxKqXAkpomC47cMXg89SmLSvHUt-YaoJMW6aQZYFAQ1Cay-RaZ_lN4sfF-tsZzIfTNj19TR2UXKkN4lSFkkqdSF2-kg0lUGjxgQXVQrmvwDa8Fjz_nuTq-A7OZub73sDasZDGd97AkovfAd77Lb4D1ZQ6GKBfa9cNPdu_pdyP6ALeE-915w-MAvwmpK6oKEGus0dFf_wW-IhXJIMvT5dM14ORXVIqDU8pOIUsbPSxBETQdHkdvo3v34LOd2Ix58P5WUOCRAU7TTz2rqfP3jGAKjcznEqeWm8fHTbAwtvpBV8qxkIhOJrk=w1200-h510-no

jrsK3XbrY-DPADRgqIpZgcA1VxkbwhXhnpLuMYmDb_7TaTpUzlFRt9jVtbEiDm1DPNF-nPMPrVfzj_CHbyLA2WOvnzMXHrLLc1nuDZg5pUBfzxmiLqjFUUrQUa2jwy8XKh8JqheGOAkhe3OhivaFyuU5mHszouZy8018SU2TRLKGJmj_dsRaHfHIhNcvcoE_lNyzLNVlvxvRpm6CWgBibtHJa_q_6XsCBOOYwjzYx6UY45zPZH9jaa_jZlLg8TYDjRvgbw_Q_H4LzgINTmlt1SAwgXMZDafvYmC5G08WiIR8ueLTaN5Wi_Nm_B7OCVdyQl0xS7SUojCfCcKkuhwmliFONUNoBw9eXpR2VtLg7NVIt7MvPetHHBboNR0aki6KpN0VwrONZCg8Jjltw8rfHMoWeAGdbGiz_UR_qsM7u_HZlPOB8MY9mnfT8A4-iRgy4D-pxc7IpT-P9FlYOltCDpJ7CljPktgXnXb7L-_TavF4oVBKtXtjnPSEx6qiFW_sEDTMZtHM6uEMO9F2t_2d7Lbv-cBaGcHIiYOGs9rYBMhL3QqWndtyDJfA81-nEMtHYVC-HQu56zzW1XpsIY0HC_Xx3oIYFOLr5mgt7adDRDrARcNQ7wjQvRyF9_fLoXUaUZJ6fybP_kxxWrK03NrWIaAs5f5PWsCLzIwqnADRmDUl5sY=w1242-h1947-no

• Informative
Reactions: ikjadoon
Repeat: Web browser on the screen?
Anything interesting in the glove box manual?
Monroney window sticker showing range / efficiency ?
Try the voice commands. How do you activate it? What happens if you say "show me how to get to the nearest supercharger?" or just "nearest supercharger" or "find charging".

Status
Not open for further replies.