Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What insurance to go for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to have Geico. I carried an umbrella policy to increase the coverage limits. That might work for you. You should confirm with the bank that issued the lease (I didn't have the same constraint).

I am leasing with Tesla leasing. I found a $500k liability with progressive. It is a $500k csl (combined single limit) I don't know if it will work. I am too scared. The delivery is coming near and I don't wanna lose the car because of this

I'm not sure if they check your insurance regarding those details at delivery... But I specifically asked about CSL, they checked with their manager and said no.

I guess what most people do is adding an umbrella. Also, there are companies that provide $500k coverage (e.g. Amica).

I'm not sure if they check your insurance regarding those details at delivery... But I specifically asked about CSL, they checked with their manager and said no.

I guess what most people do is adding an umbrella. Also, there are companies that provide $500k coverage (e.g. Amica).

So I spoke with Tesla Leasing today. They said $500k CSL is accepted and there is a max deductible limit of $1000. GAP insurance is included in the lease.