Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is 12v battery replacement cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>>May I ask why you are not interested in Ohmmu? <<

I have the same question: has anyone here used the Lithion replacement, pros and cons?
I Had to get replacements every 18 months for my car battery. Decided to go ohmmu this time since im out of warranty. Working fine so far. If I never have to change it again, it was worth it
I made a video about the installation

Tesla quoted me $230 for their car battery which only lasts me 18 months.

@SemiS3XYR ; May I ask why you are not interested in Ohmmu?
I am but I'm not sure if I will keep the car much longer (our priorities have changed)
I'm not sure when the last time my batter was changed since I am second owner. A lead battery can last all various time frames it seems like. The cost difference between the two options is not significant but still something.

@ShawnA thanks for the info!

I've made an mobile appointment but its not for 3 weeks!
So are there any non oem battery recommendations? before I get locked out of my car OR is there a temp solution like charge the battery up

• Informative
Reactions: SalisburySam
>>I Had to get replacements every 18 months for my car battery. Decided to go ohmmu this time since im out of warranty. Working fine so far. If I never have to change it again, it was worth it
I made a video about the installation<<

Thanks for the video!
Did you ask Tesla if they had any issue with you installing it? The Ohmmu site says it is fully compatible - but they would, wouldn't they?

>>I Had to get replacements every 18 months for my car battery. Decided to go ohmmu this time since im out of warranty. Working fine so far. If I never have to change it again, it was worth it
I made a video about the installation<<

Thanks for the video!
Did you ask Tesla if they had any issue with you installing it? The Ohmmu site says it is fully compatible - but they would, wouldn't they?

I didn't contact Tesla.The battery was indeed a drop in replacement. Ohmmu has been around for a few years so Im not really worried about compatibility.

Replaced battery but msg is still present. Can’t find the old battery date. Or not looking hard enough. Was wondering how old it was but it was pretty dusty. Process was pretty okay and 30min. I put the old battery on a charger and it read 95% and charging so I hope it’s not another issue that I’ve read some posts mention.

I read the error msg will clear itself after some miles, or after next deep sleep, or after a deep reset, or something about unplugging HV contactors (which none of the YouTube videos I watched doesn’t mention). Tried a few miles and a deep reset and it’s still there.

Any tips??? TIA

Why even replace it? Just remove the fireman loop unhook the 12v battery and load test it. If it load tests good put it back in as its simply a programed death based on cycles. They can't say *sugar* about warranties when the original serial numbers matching battery is still there. Disconnecting the 12v restarts the battery obsolesces cycle count.

When these batteries start to go you can usually tell by the main traction battery contactors firing slower when you put your foot on the brake for initial startup.

At the factory, a surprisingly high (double digit) number of these batteries fail the cars initial voltage self testing and got replaced. MRB has pallets stacked almost to the ceilings awaiting vendor credits or RMAs.