Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is 30x steel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find anything online that tells what 30x steel is.

Anyone here know? News stories dutifully report that the CT body is made of 30x cold rolled stainless steel, but none of them seems to have asked what that means.

My Google searches produced no information.
I am not sure if this helps or just makes things more confusing, but AK Steel markets a product call Nitronic 30 Stainless Steel.

@Fiddler :

I notice that you disagree with my doubt or uncertainty with the cited article when I said: "It's unclear..."

The opposite of unclear is clear.

So after reading the cited article, you mean it is clear to you that you are fine with the article?

@Fiddler :

I notice that you disagree with my doubt or uncertainty with the cited article when I said: "It's unclear..."

The opposite of unclear is clear.

So after reading the cited article, you mean it is clear to you that you are fine with the article?

The 30X refers to the SpaceX version of 301 SS not cold-rolled 30 times. The corrected article now says: "Update 12/2 5 a.m. Eastern time: An earlier version of this story described the Cybertruck steel as being cold-rolled 30 times. It has now been corrected."

• Informative
Reactions: Tam and Off Shore