TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is a BSM Fault? What is going bad?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by TOBASH, May 1, 2020.

1. DeedWest

DeedWest 2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport

Thanks for info, Mark! Do you know if GS is planning to offer completed upgraded units for sale with a core return? It would be nice to receive one, then ship our OEM controller back within a short window. That would limit the time our cars are inoperative, especially for those of us that daily drive the Roadster.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Perrin21

Perrin21 Member

I'm not them, you would be best to direct your question to GS directly. However here's my take. I think the issue is finding cases and connectors so for them it's easier to just do a board swap and recycle the original parts. If you wanted to do the board swap yourself (soldering required) then I'm sure they would supply you the board but I wouldn't expect a warranty if you did that. It's easier to just take it out and send it off.

3. KJA2001

KJA2001 Member

Is the main problem here water ingress into the controller only or does it often fail by other means? What I am getting at, is whether it is worth trying to improve the water resistance of the existing unit?

• Like x 1