Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is a BSM Fault? What is going bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
or you can try this to get your car charging or started. I haven't tried it myself but let me know how you get on. As always, try at your own risk.View attachment 567938

Thanks for info, Mark! Do you know if GS is planning to offer completed upgraded units for sale with a core return? It would be nice to receive one, then ship our OEM controller back within a short window. That would limit the time our cars are inoperative, especially for those of us that daily drive the Roadster.

• Love
Reactions: drewski and ra88it
Thanks for info, Mark! Do you know if GS is planning to offer completed upgraded units for sale with a core return? It would be nice to receive one, then ship our OEM controller back within a short window. That would limit the time our cars are inoperative, especially for those of us that daily drive the Roadster.

I'm not them, you would be best to direct your question to GS directly. However here's my take. I think the issue is finding cases and connectors so for them it's easier to just do a board swap and recycle the original parts. If you wanted to do the board swap yourself (soldering required) then I'm sure they would supply you the board but I wouldn't expect a warranty if you did that. It's easier to just take it out and send it off.