Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is a Sales Rep good for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered our MY on May 26, expected delivery date shows July 26-August 14. No VIN yet.
Is it worth contacting a sales rep? Does he/she have access to information that I don't see on the website?
Do I already have a sales rep assigned to me or should I just call my local dealership?

This whole process has been a great exercise in patience. Amazon Prime members do not need to apply ;)

I ordered our MY on May 26, expected delivery date shows July 26-August 14. No VIN yet.
Is it worth contacting a sales rep? Does he/she have access to information that I don't see on the website?
Do I already have a sales rep assigned to me or should I just call my local dealership?

This whole process has been a great exercise in patience. Amazon Prime members do not need to apply ;)
Technically Tesla do not have dealerships.

Upvote 0
The SA exists to ensure you don't drive your spouse crazy talking obsessively about Tesla. They are sort of like a therapist, someone you can speak your mind to and get it out of your system.

A forum exists so that you can relate to others who have this affliction. You can swap stories, tips, tricks but mostly it exists to validate you are not alone in this.

Upvote 0

My SA has just been there as a constant point of contact when I have questions about the ordering process or the vehicle itself. She’s been pretty helpful with the financing and helping to get my trade evaluation expedited.

I think I agree that they really don’t have much control over the estimated delivery date. However, I’ve been stuck at a September EDD per the website but she claims that I’m still on track for a late July/Early August according to their delivery schedule for the that location. Time will tell if that’s correct or not.

Might be worth a trip or call to your local showroom just to have a conversation with someone as a point of contact if you feel like you may need some help, but seems like some people do okay without a local SA too.

Upvote 0
For me, it’s an email address to which I can send questions and receive either no response or (at best) a partial reply. Today marks three full weeks since I sent in a couple of payment-related questions and received nothing back.

My SA started things off on a great foot during my first test drive, though, by telling me that if I was hoping for the free supercharger miles then I should consider buying a different car (the referrals are illegal in Ohio, because dealerships convinced the state legislature that both parties receiving the miles needed to be licensed car dealers in order to receive any compensation related to the sale). I only worked in sales for a brief while, but “convince people not to buy your product” wasn’t part of the training.

In short, they’re either great, mediocre, or terrible, and I sincerely hope that the rest of the purchase process doesn’t require their involvement.

Upvote 0
The SA exists to ensure you don't drive your spouse crazy talking obsessively about Tesla. They are sort of like a therapist, someone you can speak your mind to and get it out of your system.

A forum exists so that you can relate to others who have this affliction. You can swap stories, tips, tricks but mostly it exists to validate you are not alone in this.
Hahaha...only been a few days and my wife is DONE hearing about.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Upvote 0
My SA has been outstanding during the whole process of ordering and keeping me updated on the delivery updates.
Lucky you. I am in the bay area of California and none of the service advisors answer the phones or returns emails. I called the 800 number put in a totally different ZIP Code (New York) and what do you know they answer the phone every time I’ve done this. So sad

Reactions: ankit and hcdavis3
Upvote 0
1626061221933.gif

Upvote 0