Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is "Autopilot Safety Features" versus "Autopilot"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it doesn't matter where the signal shows. What matters is if it shows every single time it should. And the one on the screen and or audible doesn't.

For the stat, without being a stat expert, I wonder how other factors would influence like age of the fleet, demographic of the drivers etc...
I am not arguing on your number, I don't know enough, I am just quiet surprised how you can't admit that a system which not working all the time is not reliable.

The only source for it being unreliable so far has been... you claiming it is.

But you also claim you have a half dozen other problems with your car I've never had either- so maybe you just got a bad car.

I'm pointing out the fact Teslas appear to have much lower rates of accidents then everyone else- including other premium brands- suggests their active safety systems work very well and your personal experience is not reflective of overall experience.

I think we are getting in a sterile argument that really is no interest for me, I'll just drop it here. Have a nice Sunday.

Fair enough- hope you have one as well.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Can someone just answer the original question. What is "Autopilot Safety Features" vs the normal Autopilot? I see this in a 2019 model 3, but not sure what this means.

The original question is answered in post #2, in full. The "Active safety features" are autopilot safety features. The section that says "Autopilot" is what comes with autopilot.

Reactions: rpiotro
I'm kicking a old thread. Just wondering what the current cost of upgrading to today's standard autopilot from a older "Autopilot Safety Features" equipped 2018 model 3 would cost?

Not certain you can anymore, EAP might be the cheapest option... but you should be able to check for your specific vehicle by going into the upgrades section of the app.