Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best financing rate now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried them up and they said they don’t finance Tesla’s. I am hoping she is wrong. If you are out of state how were you eligible for the credit union
You spoke with an idiot on the phone. The two reps I dealt with both said they are financing more and more Tesla's on a regular basis now.

You must join their credit union online to be eligible for a loan.

Just yesterday, Tesla posted the payment from Allegacy. My delivery day is September 17th.

How does being out of warranty or repair bills factor into the equation from the perspective of the loan? It should absolutely be a consideration in terms of how long one plans to own the car, but out of warranty repair bills are the same regardless of length of loan. I get it if you are saying one needs to factor in/budget for those post warranty, but not sure it is a variable in deciding length of loan.

For people who have a tight budget they should absolutely be calculating their loan so that it is paid off by the time the main warranty on the car ends.... that way they will have funds available to fix their car if it breaks without having to do something like resort to paying for repairs on a high interest rate credit card which is often case what happens.

The double whammy is the person who does something like take out an 84 month loan on the car, is still making a large car payment after 5+ years, then the car needs a major repair (lets say your center screen goes out, that's good for something like $3,000 probably) and they are kind of screwed.

I have seen a LOT of cars that owners in such situations simply trade at a huge upside down loss or sell outright again at a big loss because they simply can't afford to fix the car.

There is a huge difference between someone who qualifies for a good interest rate and wants the minimum payment possible so they can do something like maximize their investments or cash flow to take advantage of financial opportunities and the much more typical case of a buyer who says "I can afford $900 a month for a car payment" and then tries to cram the maximum amount of car they can into that payment regardless of interest rate or term of loan.

If this all seems somewhat pedantic or down-talking it might be due to being surrounded by people making these kinds of horrible financial decisions for decades.

How does being out of warranty or repair bills factor into the equation from the perspective of the loan? It should absolutely be a consideration in terms of how long one plans to own the car, but out of warranty repair bills are the same regardless of length of loan. I get it if you are saying one needs to factor in/budget for those post warranty, but not sure it is a variable in deciding length of loan.

While the car is under warranty, you’re not paying to get stuff fixed.

Once it is out of warranty, you are, and that can cost a pretty penny especially for the higher-end brands. I used to drive a 335i and ended up trading it in due to the amount of time I spent getting things fixed and not wanting to have to pay for those repairs out of my own pocket once the warranty period ended.

For this reason, I think it makes sense to pay off the car while it’s still under warranty, as the money you are no longer spending to service the loan can be used to cover repair costs.

Reactions: RunMadM3
There’s a local CU by me, and they have rates starting at 2.49% for new auto loans up to 72 months, and they offer 1/4% off for just applying online, and another 1/4% if you have a “secure online checking account” with them. Best case scenario, I could get approved for their lowest rate loan, have them discount to 2% and send it to LightStream to have it beat by another .1%. Pray for the potential rare 1.9% rate!
I’m in San Jose area by the way.

There’s a local CU by me, and they have rates starting at 2.49% for new auto loans up to 72 months, and they offer 1/4% off for just applying online, and another 1/4% if you have a “secure online checking account” with them. Best case scenario, I could get approved for their lowest rate loan, have them discount to 2% and send it to LightStream to have it beat by another .1%. Pray for the potential rare 1.9% rate!
I’m in San Jose area by the way.

Which CU?

Man, 9 pages and no one answered the OP's question?

The best rate is 0%, for as long as you can get it, from whomever you can get it from.

giphy-1.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi
Rates under 2 are becoming pretty hard to find but I just got approved with Andrews FCU for 36 months at 1.89 with a 60 day lock. If you do direct deposit into an account with them, they knock another .25 off.

Was a super easy process to apply, got approved instantly without becoming a member first. Too become a member you just have to be a member of the American Consumer Council, and they even give you directions when opening an account on how to do it for free.

Now it's up to Tesla to get me my car in 60 days

Last edited:
Reactions: RunMadM3
Rates under 2 are becoming pretty hard to find but I just got approved with Andrews FCU for 36 months at 1.89 with a 60 day lock. If you do direct deposit into an account with them, they knock another .25 off.

Was a super easy process to apply, got approved instantly without becoming a member first. Too become a member you just have to be a member of the American Consumer Council, and they even give you directions when opening an account on how to do it for free.

Now it's up to Tesla to get me my car in 60 days

Do you have to be located in a specific location?