Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best financing rate now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you have to become a member of Allegacy to get an approval and rate for a loan? It had the option of applying as a "non member" but I didn't want it to deny my application. However, I would prefer to know the rate I will receive before applying to be a member.

Does anyone know if you have to become a member of Allegacy to get an approval and rate for a loan? It had the option of applying as a "non member" but I didn't want it to deny my application. However, I would prefer to know the rate I will receive before applying to be a member.
Must become a member first, and rate will depend on credit etc. so they will only say “as low as” but will not commit to a rate until the loan is approved.

Sorry - new to this thread - is there a distinct advantage of secured vs unsecured loan? I understand from a process standpoint it's a lot simpler, it basically just cash to Tesla (and the bank doesn't need to hold the title??).

Along those lines, what are some options for unsecured loans other than lightstream? 3.69% sounds a bit high. I'm looking for $30k, 36 months, and live in San Francisco.

Sorry - new to this thread - is there a distinct advantage of secured vs unsecured loan? I understand from a process standpoint it's a lot simpler, it basically just cash to Tesla (and the bank doesn't need to hold the title??).

Along those lines, what are some options for unsecured loans other than lightstream? 3.69% sounds a bit high. I'm looking for $30k, 36 months, and live in San Francisco.
Only LS does unsecured auto loan. Pretty much the only reason is for a more streamlined payment process with Tesla. 0.1% interest difference is neglible.

Reactions: asianxtreme
For those of you that managed to get unsecured loans, did you then specify the transaction as a "cash" purchase with Tesla? or is it still a "3rd-party Loan"?

Cash option for Tesla, and you’ll also not claim the vehicle as being financed with your insurance agency. I am paying with a cashiers check, though I’m slightly disappointed I don’t get to walk in with a briefcase full of bills. Oh well.

Cash option for Tesla, and you’ll also not claim the vehicle as being financed with your insurance agency. I am paying with a cashiers check, though I’m slightly disappointed I don’t get to walk in with a briefcase full of bills. Oh well.
That was quite helpful. Thanks for the confirmation @Goosby.
Does Lightstream require a copy of the VIN'd MVPA before disbursing the fund?