Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Is Best Paint Protection Film 3M or XPEL? Here is our video!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Coming from this post...

Better than Xpel Paint Protection and here is why... (and what I did)

... I told everyone I would make a video..... well here it is, it is the first video I made for my channel. I hope everyone likes it. It was a lot of fun to make and I hope to make more if people like it.

Feel free to leave comments here or on youtube....

Thank you to everyone that helped make this video come true, and everyone on the forms for their comments.

That was a very nice production! Thanks for putting this together. It sounds as if the 3M is a little smoother and provides a better warranty. Comparing quotes I got from a 3M installer vs. two Xpel installers, it is my impression that 3M has a cost advantage as well.

Ironically, my car (bought used) came with film installed on the front bumper, lights, and mirrors. I don't know how to tell what brand it is from. I want to protect a few more areas, but don't think there is a need to match the materials.

That was a very nice production! Thanks for putting this together. It sounds as if the 3M is a little smoother and provides a better warranty. Comparing quotes I got from a 3M installer vs. two Xpel installers, it is my impression that 3M has a cost advantage as well.

Ironically, my car (bought used) came with film installed on the front bumper, lights, and mirrors. I don't know how to tell what brand it is from. I want to protect a few more areas, but don't think there is a need to match the materials.

Depending on the brand, quality, and age... adding new film may look more glossy than the old one. I would still add it.
I plan to do the rest of my car later this year (as money will allow).

Thanks for the kind words on the video. We all had a fun time making it, and want to do more videos soon.

Reactions: IchDochNicht
Hi All,

Coming from this post...

Better than Xpel Paint Protection and here is why... (and what I did)

... I told everyone I would make a video..... well here it is, it is the first video I made for my channel. I hope everyone likes it. It was a lot of fun to make and I hope to make more if people like it.

Feel free to leave comments here or on youtube....

Thank you to everyone that helped make this video come true, and everyone on the forms for their comments.

I appreciate you putting this video together. However, I must say that your impartiality is called into question when the final "interviewer" is wearing a 3M shirt (7:29) and there is a stack of Scotchguard products in the background. This looks more like a thinly-veiled infomercial than an unbiased study for the common consumer. Makes me want to buy Xpel just because of this.

Reactions: Tezzie
Reviving an old thread here but it is safe to say the video is just a poor quality 3m informercial

Shop around and look for yourself

It is more about the installer then the film when any of the top end films

It takes a great combination that's for sure. The best film can look bad with a poor installation, and a film that's tough for some can be made to look really nice with an experienced installer.

There are a lot of things that go into install-ability and the finished look from a manufacturing standpoint. We take a lot of pride in making a film that is friendly to install - which is important and reduces lift lines / marring / silvering in your finished installation. And lastly, we take pride in making a film that is very clear and free of orang peel.

It's a big decision picking the right film and installer. While we're on the board - feel free to bounce any questions you have about PPF off us.