Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best way to resell model X

Twinbella

Jan 1, 2021
Houston, Tx
I have a 2018 Model X 100D that I must sell. It has 8437 miles. Is this forum a place to resell or does someone know what would be a good site for reselling Tesla’s.
Thank you!

infiniteloop

Jun 30, 2020
Mill Valley
I have a 2018 Model X 100D that I must sell. It has 8437 miles. Is this forum a place to resell or does someone know what would be a good site for reselling Tesla’s.
Thank you!

Don't sell it on these forums, it's a waste of your time, the only people that are in Marketplace are professional resellers and low ballers. Your best bet is selling on sites like Craigslist, eBay motors, and Autotrader.

• Informative
Reactions: johnking

MikingCO

2021 MX LR+
Jun 22, 2016
Dallas, TX
I sold my last two Model S’s through vroom and I was happy with the price and experience. It’s been about 18 months since I used them so ymmv.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Depending on your state rules a lower priced trade-in compared to a higher priced retail sale might reduce sales taxes as well as being less hassle. If the car has valuable software features a retail buyer would retain them (unless Tesla screws up) but they would be lost on trade-in.

JamesBrown

Jun 21, 2016
AZ
This site is a joke, I wouldnt bother listing here. Great for information, horrible for marketplace.

First, I would provide more info. No buyer will give you a serious offer if you dont post a serious listing. You need to provide the following critical info.
  • Exterior/Interior Color
  • Mileage
  • VIN
  • Seating configuration (5/6/7)
  • Autopilot/EAP/FSD
  • Vehicle Location
  • Photos (including a photo of the info sticker on the inside of the driver side door that gives the build date)

Second, I would get a quote from Vroom and Carvana. They would give you a cash offer in 24 hours and sometimes it is extremely close to market value, but with a ton less headache. They also tell you the very lowest amount your car is worth.

Lastly, Then I would post to OnlyUsedTesla. The guy that owns the site is a member here and they specialize in selling Teslas. The buyers there are far more likely to give you realistic offers.

Reactions: AvengerBB

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC