Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best way to resell model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model X 100D that I must sell. It has 8437 miles. Is this forum a place to resell or does someone know what would be a good site for reselling Tesla’s.
Thank you!

Don't sell it on these forums, it's a waste of your time, the only people that are in Marketplace are professional resellers and low ballers. Your best bet is selling on sites like Craigslist, eBay motors, and Autotrader.

• Informative
Reactions: johnking
Depending on your state rules a lower priced trade-in compared to a higher priced retail sale might reduce sales taxes as well as being less hassle. If the car has valuable software features a retail buyer would retain them (unless Tesla screws up) but they would be lost on trade-in.

This site is a joke, I wouldnt bother listing here. Great for information, horrible for marketplace.

First, I would provide more info. No buyer will give you a serious offer if you dont post a serious listing. You need to provide the following critical info.
  • Exterior/Interior Color
  • Mileage
  • VIN
  • Seating configuration (5/6/7)
  • Autopilot/EAP/FSD
  • Vehicle Location
  • Photos (including a photo of the info sticker on the inside of the driver side door that gives the build date)

Second, I would get a quote from Vroom and Carvana. They would give you a cash offer in 24 hours and sometimes it is extremely close to market value, but with a ton less headache. They also tell you the very lowest amount your car is worth.

Lastly, Then I would post to OnlyUsedTesla. The guy that owns the site is a member here and they specialize in selling Teslas. The buyers there are far more likely to give you realistic offers.

Reactions: AvengerBB