Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is going on with the charge settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3SR+ seems to get confused with the charge settings. I used to have it set to schedule charging to start at 00:30 (Octopus Go). They in the Winter I've switched to depart at 8 am with cheap charging stopping at 4:30 but I've often noticed that the car often started charging right when I plugged it in (and not only a little to figure out how long charing would take). I am trying to switch it back to the scheduled charging only but it doesn't keep that setting. It always resets to scheduled departure. I had it working one day and then the next day it didn't charge up at all (got in the car with 13% charge). I've tried changing it in the car and via the app but both seem to be reset.
Anyone else having the same problem?

In a another rant: Is the saving of the driver profile still broken (they first broke it about a year ago). I can't remember how often I've adjusted my seat to be a bit more upright and saved it. The seat should be leaning forward by now if it got saved every time I've adjusted it!

I let my charger start and stop at the Go hours so can't comment on scheduled departure, but

In a another rant: Is the saving of the driver profile still broken (they first broke it about a year ago). I can't remember how often I've adjusted my seat to be a bit more upright and saved it. The seat should be leaning forward by now if it got saved every time I've adjusted it!

Not aware of any issue with driver profiles, are you pressing the save button after adjusting the seat? Tried a seat recalibration from the service menu ?

I don't use scheduled departure (though I did try it out quite a long time ago) so can only comment on the start time consistency ... that aspect has operated perfectly since first set to charge at 00:30 back in 2019. The only charging interruptions I have experienced were due to my charge point having issues. I'm not aware of an issue with failed profile saving but I do recall this changing at some point from being manual to auto and some people reporting having an issue with it.