Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is happening with Powerwall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you made a Powerwall reservation, Tesla will contact you when they are ready to sell you a unit. I think they have far more interest than they can handle in the near future.

I waited 8 months after making my Powerwall relegation last year the day that Tesla Energyas announced. Then out of the blue I got a call from Tesla Energy last February.

Patience young Jedi...

They sent out a survey along with a request to see my electric bill a couple of months ago and then silence again.

Rumour is that Powerwall 2.0 will be launched this summer starting in CA first... I guess we all missed out on version 1.0.. I saw only a couple of version 1.0 installs (one was in Australia, I believe). There was also a photo showing how large they are... well the perspective is skewed but you get the idea.

Attachments

• powerwall.jpeg
    powerwall.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 319
I hope when they finally have things worked out, it is a really good and competitive product. I think Tesla Energy has a lot of potential here in both residential and commercial.

Possibilities that could be causing delays:
  • Trying to maximize inverter compatibility
  • Waiting on Gigafactory
  • Solving bugs found on initial installs (heard something about line noise issues, though I don't have good sources)
  • Rethinking what specs they want to support (what load it can handle, capacity, and longevity considerations)

If you guys ember the Chademo adapter, the wait was years longer than expected. Tesla did deliver and reviews are great. You just have to remember they work on "Tesla Time." It will be worth the wait.

GSP