Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is included in a Founder's Series reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy everyone!

So, does anyone on here know what's included in a Founder's Series reservation for a Roadster 2020? I mean, what incentive is there to pay the whole $250,000 up-front and an additional $50,000 on top of the base price? Do I get $50,000 worth of credit towards "upgrades" from the base model?

Having owned early an early Roadster (1.5 #414) and an early Model S (#26), you are better off with a later production car. On my original roadster I eventually got a 2.5 Sport (#1453) that had much better seats and better entertainment/drive layout. On the Model S, simple features such as PDC were not available early, not to mention AWD, as such I now have a P90D. As such my deposit is for the non-founder model.

Found this on another thread, and have definitely heard this about Model S/X/3 and Roadster before. The price point is for access to the product. To be the first in line! But some downfalls may be lack in hardware for future features, early bugs and production issues.

Rumor was that it would/might have a SpaceX Option. I think an Elon tweet - usual warning about those tweet things.

Feedback similar to above post and other "Founder Edition" buyers probably best you'll do.
IF you like being among the first and are a strong supporter of Tesla Mission and Elon.
You have the extra cash. Go for it. You could do worse things. You'll be in a special group and you can tell your grandkids.

good luck and enjoy :D

Howdy everyone!

So, does anyone on here know what's included in a Founder's Series reservation for a Roadster 2020? I mean, what incentive is there to pay the whole $250,000 up-front and an additional $50,000 on top of the base price? Do I get $50,000 worth of credit towards "upgrades" from the base model?
I'm pretty sure that if you call and are ready with a check, they'll be happy to walk you through the process

It’s likely that the founders edition includes some form of compressed gas or jet propulsion.

Elon is hinting pretty heavy at it suggesting that when the two back seats are removed, there enough room for a compression chamber of some sort.

It’s likely that the founders edition includes some form of compressed gas or jet propulsion.

Elon is hinting pretty heavy at it suggesting that when the two back seats are removed, there enough room for a compression chamber of some sort.
Is anyone actually going to buy that option?

Sounds like a gimmick and completely impractical. Plus it ruins the back seat.

And can you imagine how loud that is gonna be?

Is anyone actually going to buy that option?

Sounds like a gimmick and completely impractical. Plus it ruins the back seat.

And can you imagine how loud that is gonna be?

Yes, it's completely, totally, absurdly impractical.

And I will definitely give up every back seat rider forever to get it!

And I can always turn the music up.

Reactions: RabidYak
Yes, it's completely, totally, absurdly impractical.

And I will definitely give up every back seat rider forever to get it!

And I can always turn the music up.
Even if you do not have any people sitting in the back you can use it as storage space.

I think the Space X package will be cool but not the most practical. 0-100km/h in about 2 seconds Is fast! Furthermore, doing a quarter mile in approximately 8 seconds is insane.

With this in mind, if a Space X package is added, then how much weight will it add to the car and how will the range of the Roadster be affected?