Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor What is it like to have PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SunTek

Former Vendor
Mar 18, 2019
St Louis
SunTek is interested in learning what changed for you after having paint protection film installed on your Tesla.

For instance: do you no longer worry about swirl marks from car washes because your PPF is self-healing? This may differ for each owner, as it may depend on the PPF type you have installed.

I just got SunTek Ultra PPF installed on the whole front end of my car 3 weeks ago. I used an installer listed on your website. So far, I'm not impressed. I'm not sure if its the installer or the film, but I have bubbles in the PPF (the installer has tried to fix twice) and I can't get the PPF removed and a refund from the installer.

I just got SunTek Ultra PPF installed on the whole front end of my car 3 weeks ago. I used an installer listed on your website. So far, I'm not impressed. I'm not sure if its the installer or the film, but I have bubbles in the PPF (the installer has tried to fix twice) and I can't get the PPF removed and a refund from the installer.

Hey JTag, I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. If there are air/water bubbles under the PPF then that likely occurred during the installation process. I'd be happy to look into this for you, I'm sending you a private message to get more information.

I had someone last week scrape the front bumper on my Model S - damage looked quite bad until I peeled back the PPF - no damage to the paint at all!

01DAD50A-9D7E-467B-AFD8-8DF1523DD427.jpeg

Reactions: SunTek
Hey JTag, I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. If there are air/water bubbles under the PPF then that likely occurred during the installation process. I'd be happy to look into this for you, I'm sending you a private message to get more information.

Let me say that SunTek is a class act. After reviewing a dozen pictures or so, they concluded that it was an installer issue and not a film issue. At this point, SunTek could have said sorry but it's not our problem but they didn't. They offered to assist me in getting it replaced at another installer. Things happen and I understand that, but it's how a company stands behind their product that counts. I can honestly say that SunTek definitely stands behind their products and because of this I will be a loyal customer for years to come.

Reactions: SunTek
Let me say that SunTek is a class act. After reviewing a dozen pictures or so, they concluded that it was an installer issue and not a film issue. At this point, SunTek could have said sorry but it's not our problem but they didn't. They offered to assist me in getting it replaced at another installer. Things happen and I understand that, but it's how a company stands behind their product that counts. I can honestly say that SunTek definitely stands behind their products and because of this I will be a loyal customer for years to come.

Thanks, Jim! I'm glad we could help towards you having a more positive experience than before!