Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is it with ICE truck drivers? Is it just me.....?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Northern California, outside the high-tech area, a lot of people don't know much about EVs. I've had people innocently ask if my car runs on batteries. Others have just heard that Teslas are expensive, so they assume Tesla = Rich 1%'er. That used to generate disapproving looks. And heaven forbid the car be too shiny. But we seem to have entered a new phase, with a whole contingent of new haters, with hair-trigger grievance. So we get it from all sides. The disapproving glances were less stressful.

I also live in AZ and also used to get harassed by trucks. One even actually hit me and did several thousand dollars damage (insurance found him 100% at fault, though, thanks to TeslaCam). I generally don't do bumper stickers but shortly after the accident, I added a small (3"x5") American Flag sticker on the left side of the rear bumper. Seems to work as I have not been targeted since.

Reactions: totoro722
I also live in AZ and also used to get harassed by trucks. One even actually hit me and did several thousand dollars damage (insurance found him 100% at fault, though, thanks to TeslaCam). I generally don't do bumper stickers but shortly after the accident, I added a small (3"x5") American Flag sticker on the left side of the rear bumper. Seems to work as I have not been targeted since.

oh yeah... totally did the same living in Texas and recently went on roadtrip from Texas to Northern Idaho and back.
tactical black/white american flag magnetic sticker on trunk ... looks now "tacti-cool" and no coal rolling anymore. likely keeps keying down to a minimum as well.

Plenty of jerks out there from both political parties. I think there is a lot of pent up frustration because of COVID and it’s understandable. I’ve only been coal rolled a couple of times...I chalk it up to ignorance or insecurity. I am very much a guns and God guy...and proud of it. My Tesla is a great American car with incredible ingenuity and technology....

No, this was happening way before covid. It's culture wars. Cars are the most important status and aspirational indicators in the US. The right wing truckers do hate you for your Tesla, regardless of how you view it. As someone originally from a small, rural town, I find this very saddening.

I am a truck driver and drive 620 mile per day 5 days a week and we drivers feel the same way about the 4 wheelers. You guys are always us cutting off and doing crazy things, remember we have 80,000 pounds behind us and cant maneuver like you guys can. There are a lot of young truck drivers out here and do not have the proper experience or training that just part of us not having enough qualified drivers the demand for truck driver is very high these days. So if we just could all respect each other things would go a lot better for all of us. The roads are out here for all of us to use so let's just be safe and Courteous to each other.