Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is it with ICE truck drivers? Is it just me.....?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, this was happening way before covid. It's culture wars. Cars are the most important status and aspirational indicators in the US. The right wing truckers do hate you for your Tesla, regardless of how you view it. As someone originally from a small, rural town, I find this very saddening.

Probably some truth to your observation. I seldom experience the rudeness factor when driving my late model lifted Wrangler JL, though it still occasionally happens. A big steel bumper and a winch is perceived differently by the redneck crowd...just how things are.

Reactions: vickh
It's not just you. And it's not just an attack on Teslas either. I drive a lot and truck driving has gone WAY downhill over the past 30-40 years. It used to be an honorable profession where people would do it for life. Now I get the feeling they have a difficult time finding competent folks who want to do it. Just guessing but it could be more a transient profession these days. I can one thing for sure. Robo driving trucks cannot come soon enough.

What's wrong with that? It's the state of New Hampshire's motto!
Yep, I always assumed they got it from Patrick Henry's "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"
iu.jpeg

I'm noticing in interesting trend in this thread that seems to be starting to conflate coal-rolling lifted-pickup aggressively-driving Tesla-haters with commercial cargo transport truck drivers. It's exceedingly rare for me to see tractor-trailers being driven aggressively and irresponsibly. The worst I usually see is trailers with badly-aligned wheels wandering on the wrong side of the lane line.

I'm noticing in interesting trend in this thread that seems to be starting to conflate coal-rolling lifted-pickup aggressively-driving Tesla-haters with commercial cargo transport truck drivers. It's exceedingly rare for me to see tractor-trailers being driven aggressively and irresponsibly. The worst I usually see is trailers with badly-aligned wheels wandering on the wrong side of the lane line.

True....the pickup drivers are the aggressive drivers and not truckers. Even in California, I find pickups are the most aggressive. A couple tried to tailgate me but I just run away and if they catch up, I just run away again. It takes them awhile to catch up and after a 3rd time, they usually just give up :D

It takes them awhile to catch up and after a 3rd time, they usually just give up :D
Naw, they just need to stop to refuel again. Some years ago, my uncle was showing off this new pickup he'd just gotten; he was so proud! It had two fuel tanks rather than just one large one, and I think I figured out why: When taking us on a road trip, the thing burned through its fuel supply so rapidly you could watch the needle on the fuel gauge tracking down.

• Funny
Reactions: Apprunner

Right, I think when people are talking about trucks they're generally referring to standard trucks, not commercial vehicles and certainly not 18 wheelers or tractor trailers. I've never gotten flack from any trucker in any vehicle. How would they even move freely enough to signal their disdain for anything? Maybe they'd honk their horn and to that I'd just show my appreciation. :D

Reactions: Gasaraki