Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is long range mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IIRC they have a RWD LR model. I don’t think they ever got (or tested) the AWD or Performance model.

Yup, CR has a 2018 LR RWD, which was actually EPA rated for 330+ miles. In the summer with HVAC off and not exceeding 60mph (believable on highways in CT where CR is located) it would be fairly easy to get 350+ miles . The energy graph in my LR RWD commonly says I’ll exceed that in summer.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
To CR everything is an appliance. For this they are useful, which is why I subscribe. Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, TV's, coffee makers, etc., I always take CR into consideration. A car is not an appliance to me, and this is what they miss. I actually enjoy quirky cars. I bought a Fiat 500L, for example, in spite of their heavy slam and enjoyed owning it for the novelty of driving it. It was as trouble-free and reliable as any other car I have owned.

i shyed away from the Fiat 500E due to FCA ratings (they were bascially giving them away used for ~$6k here). Plus with all the complainers here with 200+ SR range I can only imagine the 121 city range/ 103 highway, with any range loss.

I wonder if tesla should start doing a city/highway range rating.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC