TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What is Model 3 is charging and system software upgrade happens..

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ZooSean, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I timed charging at mid-night. Just wondering if at the same time system software upgrade happens..Will this cause any problem?

2. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

It'll explode and end up on media outlets.

• Funny x 4
  3. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Really??

• Funny x 1
  4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Shush.

Not a problem. I usually have my X plugged in and charging when I choose to start an upgrade. Charging may stop at some points, but it will resume when the upload is done.

5. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

No. I doubt it'll cause any major issues.

Besides, software upgrades usually happen with your consent. When Lord Elon blesses you with an update, a notification pops up asking when you want to install it. Worst case, it'll probably stop charging during the process but I haven't tried it.

6. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

all of my updates have been done while I'm charging. nothing bad will happen. Various car systems will shut off and on during the update. what's the concern, exactly?

7. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

Computers have routines and subroutines that are built for multitasking, believe it or not. ;)

• Funny x 1
  8. eli_

eli_ Member

Charging stops while the upgrade is in progress.