Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is more damaging to the battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggest more of you familiarize yourselves with batterygate and chargergate.
85kwh S owners were allowed to charge at 120kw but now due to undisclosed reasons they capped that to 70ish for many and more like 40 if cold out.
Some of these cars were 7yo when this began.

Not saying the 3 will suffer the same date but I think people should be aware of it when pretending to know what the future holds.

Reactions: polyphonic54
Thanks for all who responded! Still learning the nuances of a road trip. Charged to 100% at home. Charged at a very fast (128 kw) supercharger, as well as very slow one (30 kw); charged overnight at a hotel destination charge, not necessarily in that order. In all cases, I felt very confident, safe, and happy to be a Tesla owner.

Reactions: theeskimo
Please don't ever charge to 100% at a supercharger unless nobody is waiting. If there's a line of Teslas waiting and you choose to make everyone wait for your last 10% then you are the asshole.

Of course, there are occasionally reasons to need to charge to 100% at a supercharger. Towing, driving into the wilderness, etc. That's cool. But 99% of the time making people wait while you supercharge to 100% is not cool.

• Disagree
  • Helpful
Reactions: JeffK and Dr. J