Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is my car worth? tesla low balling me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S, 70D, AP1, pre refresh, 37K miles. Cod weather package, Leather , Free Unlimited supercharging and have Tesla 50K warranty ( bought it CPO from tesla @14k miles in 2018)

Tesla trade in is offering me $33.5K. Good? Bad? or Ugly?
Carmax $36K

Havent tried doing private party as dont have too much time to deal with that honestly but if feedback comes that Im leaving too much on the table, will do private party..

Looking to upgrade to new MS in couple of weeks

Tesla primarly sells new cars. They provide trade in values as a convenience to the customer. I'd shop around, you already have a higher carmax price.

It's worth more as a private sale to someone that appreciates unlimited supercharging. Tesla would likely remove that feature if they purchase it.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
Are you selling it and moving on or are you trading it for a new Tesla. If you trade it towards a new Tesla you wont have to pay tax on the trade in value so sometimes its worth taking less a bit from Tesla if you are trading it in for a new Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: uspearls
Thats amazing ! I woulve run too :)
Carvana is actually the same as carmax for me..just got their quote
The strange thing about Carvana -- their quote went up and down on me a few times. I didn't immediately sell them the vehicle, so I ended up requesting the appraisal through their application more than once. (There's no harm in doing this -- except if you get a price that you LIKE and perform a refresh on their quote, you will lose that higher offer. They will not honor that previous higher offer. No exceptions. I learned this the hard way.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
Model S, 70D, AP1, pre refresh, 37K miles. Cod weather package, Leather , Free Unlimited supercharging and have Tesla 50K warranty ( bought it CPO from tesla @14k miles in 2018)

Carmax $36K

Havent tried doing private party as dont have too much time to deal with that honestly but if feedback comes that Im leaving too much on the table, will do private party..

Try selling on Autotrader or Carmax. I have always found it rather easy and get top dollar.

Carmax $36K

what color,