Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is my model 3 doing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a cooling pump running and the louvers are cycling open and closed. SC confirmed it as a software issue. I find if i don't switch my app to my MS the car seems to make all kinds of fun noises in the garage.

sounds like a service center call is in order. If it was cooling i would think that it would stay open till done, then close. Not cycling repeatedly every 30 seconds.

Made service center call, scheduled for next Wednesday. And my commute was only 8 miles yesterday. Mid 50s when I got home. Not a lot of cooking needs.

What version of software/firmware are you running? Was it updated recently?

2018.4.9. Was updated about 10 days ago but this was the first time I noticed it going so long.

Curious. If you reboot the center screen, does it stop?

Center screen power off and steering wheel reset didn’t do anything.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Made service center call, scheduled for next Wednesday. And my commute was only 8 miles yesterday. Mid 50s when I got home. Not a lot of cooking needs.

2018.4.9. Was updated about 10 days ago but this was the first time I noticed it going so long.

Center screen power off and steering wheel reset didn’t do anything.

I'm curious if people noticed it prior to 2018.4.9?

I'm curious if people noticed it prior to 2018.4.9?

The same thing has been happening on our model 3 for more than a month now.

Our car was in Santa Clara SC for almost a week just for the to diagnose this + whirring noise right behind the headlights and they gave it back to me by saying that's normal operation.

I gave up trying to tell SC nowadays, they just tell you it's fine and move on. Eventually tesla will fix it.

The same thing has been happening on our model 3 for more than a month now.

Our car was in Santa Clara SC for almost a week just for the to diagnose this + whirring noise right behind the headlights and they gave it back to me by saying that's normal operation.

I gave up trying to tell SC nowadays, they just tell you it's fine and move on. Eventually tesla will fix it.

That means it was occurring before the last release. Your SC experience is disturbing; I'm not an owner yet so I can't speak to the experience, but I hope mine is better. :(

Reactions: C141medic
I rented a Model 3 and while it was sitting in my driveway it made a constant quiet rapid clicking sound, whether it was plugged in or not. If I owned it I would be worried. Telsa can call it "normal operation" all they want, but that doesn't mean its true. It just means they don't want to deal with it.