Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is my model 3 doing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That means it was occurring before the last release. Your SC experience is disturbing; I'm not an owner yet so I can't speak to the experience, but I hope mine is better. :(
I didn't mean to scare future owners.

There was not bad intention, my main point is don't worry too much about all the little details (which is hard for an super OCD person like me). In the end, Tesla will fix it. This case it's a software bug where SC can't really do much about. Everyone will have different experience dealing with SC. SC will have to report this back to engineering where they will do the real fix.
For actual mechanical issues, SCs always very kind to fix/repair our car under Goodwill.

Reactions: John Lamoureux
I've had my model 3 for about a month now.

Occasionally when I go into the garage after the car has been off for 30 min or so, I find the car doing this.

Tonight its been going on for an hour.

What is it up to?

Mine is doing this now also. I phoned service and the guy said he pulled the log and my car reports that something is stuck in the louvers, so they are unable to open or close all the way, so they just keep trying and trying. Any time the car wakes up it starts, and keeps going until the car goes back to sleep. He said he would send it on to the service department and they'd call me back, but they have not done so yet. I'm going to phone them again tomorrow.

Of course stuff is going to get into the louvers, right down there by the road the way they are.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I took it to a Service Center appointment today.

Service Advisor said he thinks it is fixed with new firmware. Sent me home with firmware to push this afternoon.

It just pushed 2018.4.18, not the 2018.10.1 that some people are talking about. I'll report if it still happens

Reactions: emlombardo
I took it to a Service Center appointment today.

Service Advisor said he thinks it is fixed with new firmware. Sent me home with firmware to push this afternoon.

It just pushed 2018.4.18, not the 2018.10.1 that some people are talking about. I'll report if it still happens
Please let us know. So far, it sounds like you need at least 2018.10.1, to fix the problem...

My service center was able to push 2018.4.18 to me and so far it seems to have resolved the issue. It did seem to break walk away lock until I toggled it off and back on. Just an FYI if anybody gets 2018.4.18 pushed to them.