Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what is needed for garage after Tesla install homelink to model3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

currently my garage door is controlled by my conventional remote controller. I want to upgrade to homelink system for my model 3 SR+. I know that I will have to bring my car to tesal service center to have it installed to my model 3. But what else do I need for home link to work for my garage? Does Tesla have to do anything to my garage door? thanks

just follow the onscreen instructions - its pretty simple.
One warning - don't try to pretend the car is in the right place, do what the instructions say. To try save time I started with the car in the garage and it messed it up completely, had to reset and do the whole thing again, saving me no time at all :)

Reactions: KerryOH
I had the Tesla ranger install mine. He installed and programmed the unit with my car in the driveway just in front of the garage. It has worked perfectly every time. Mine is set to open automatically on approach and to require conformation to close. That so I have to look to be sure it is in fact closing. Meaning I do not drive away and leave the house/garage open. As others have noted it is a blind signal, meaning activation on the approach just activates the door, up or down depending on the current position. So if someone left the door open, your approach would close the door. If you are worried about not seeing this on approach to correct/reverse or some such that could be a thing. Even with my garage door blind on the initial approach, I have still always had time to view and correct if needed. Doesn't happen often but could........

Reactions: coolmanfever