Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Open Pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have the BearBu 360 camera system on my car, to activate it I pull towards me on the cruise control stalk. I understand this also activates the OP system. So what speed will the OP not activate.?

Sorry to be holding back updates. Been super busy lately. .6.5 update to come soon. So many new features!

Also I forgot to mention for full disclosure as mentioned from a friend. OP does involve a device (phone) mounted to the windshield that can NOT be left in the hot sun. If you park like that you will need to remove it to prevent fire risk (Lithium and lots of heat do not mix well.)

So, I have the BearBu 360 camera system on my car, to activate it I pull towards me on the cruise control stalk. I understand this also activates the OP system. So what speed will the OP not activate.?

Double pull to activate. Depends if you use peddle or not. No Peddle is about 18 mph I think I cant remember. With Peddle it is 1 mph. If you get a giraffe I think you can change how the 360 system activates.

When having OP on a AP1 car does it use the original radar and front facing camera?
Is OP in any way superior then AP1?
Do you need root on a AP1 car or what functions are you missing if you don't have it?

Thanks

OP does not currently work on AP1 cars. Not sure when support will be available for ap1. Non AP cars have fitted the radar and have it setup on OP to be used.

Having driven AP1 and OP1 I see benefits to both. I do prefer the control OP does over AP1 with exception to brakes. I do have iBooster fitted, and currently waiting for integration with OP from the development team. I plan to do a more detailed comparison later.

Yes, please keep us posted about how the iBooster gets integrated into OpenPilot. All I've ever wanted is AP1 functionality for roadtrips and long drives around town and OP keeps getting better and better.

Road trips are not really an issue without ibooster. that's really only needed for stop and go. Will be nice when it is working, but it's not really that big a deal, lots of regen.

Road trips are not really an issue without ibooster. that's really only needed for stop and go. Will be nice when it is working, but it's not really that big a deal, lots of regen.

That is good to know. Thanks for the reply. Coincidentally, I'm actually visiting Orange County for the week with the family. Nice place but all the recent rain really kept us indoors for the most part.

Thanks @StarLog. Now need to find someone in the ny area the does installation on these. Anyone have installers in the NY area. Can’t leave my beloved Tesla to just anyone

It's not a production product yet. Install is not that difficult. It's good to learn which all the components are so you understand everything. There may be users in you area to help you, but don't think you will really find any installers.

Reactions: jobiggs24