Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Open Pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only reason I decided not to get open pilot of the screen is too large. Anything that is larger than the rear view mirror can obstruct the driver's view according to the law here and can be ticketed. If a smaller screen is possible please let me know.

I live in Orlando, and have never heard of that rule. I have the eon-1 in my car, it is behind the mirror, and does not obstruct hardly anything. Consider those people with their cell phones in the dash area. The eon goes behind the mirror in my Model S

Reactions: jobiggs24
I live in Orlando, and have never heard of that rule. I have the eon-1 in my car, it is behind the mirror, and does not obstruct hardly anything. Consider those people with their cell phones in the dash area. The eon goes behind the mirror in my Model S

It is rarely enforced but you can be pulled over and ticketed. It is the officer's discretion. If the screen was smaller or a smaller camera was used it would be much better

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Found this in stock at EV Cables Company
No need for a Giraffe with this one.

IMG_20200812_192945.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gixx1300R
As of 8/29/2020 The EPAS Harness will have twisted pair/ shielded cable.

Starting 8/29/2020 the Tesla Openpilot EPAS bypass wiring harness for level 2 self driving will have a switch to bypass the Panda if the Panda goes bad. This is like a manual Giraffe.

IMG_20200823_102651.jpg

To get a complete set for my tesla model S P85 2013, I need two things:
- The cable from EV Cables company (or other, but this one is complete. Also ready for the Radar etc).
- The Comma.ai comma two without any harness

Is that it? Where can I get the Radar? I would like to install that, but did not find any store for that.

To get a complete set for my tesla model S P85 2013, I need two things:
- The cable from EV Cables company (or other, but this one is complete. Also ready for the Radar etc).
- The Comma.ai comma two without any harness

Is that it? Where can I get the Radar? I would like to install that, but did not find any store for that.

Comma two isn't supported right now. You need to find a used EON devkit, or buy a leeco lepro3 and build your own.
Join comma.ai:s discord and ask at #tesla.

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for all your work on OP for Tesla. It's incredible what you all have done. I have a 2015 Model S that came with AP1 hardware (I have no idea what that actually means -- mobileEye radar maybe?) -- but i noticed that the EON, panda, giraffe, EPAS harness and pedal accelerator seem to be what's required to retrofit pre-AP1 teslas. I don't have AP1 enabled (it came with beta version of the AP1 software but when I did change of ownership with Tesla and the app -- they took the feature away.) I'm not mad because I think OP and what you all have done is so much better-- and an incredible value for a little over $1K+.

My question is: What equipment do I need to start using OP on my 2015 MS (with AP1 hardware)? Is it the same as the pre-AP1 teslas? Also, how do I join the discord you all keep mentioning? Is there a link?

Thanks!

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for all your work on OP for Tesla. It's incredible what you all have done. I have a 2015 Model S that came with AP1 hardware (I have no idea what that actually means -- mobileEye radar maybe?) -- but i noticed that the EON, panda, giraffe, EPAS harness and pedal accelerator seem to be what's required to retrofit pre-AP1 teslas. I don't have AP1 enabled (it came with beta version of the AP1 software but when I did change of ownership with Tesla and the app -- they took the feature away.) I'm not mad because I think OP and what you all have done is so much better-- and an incredible value for a little over $1K+.

My question is: What equipment do I need to start using OP on my 2015 MS (with AP1 hardware)? Is it the same as the pre-AP1 teslas? Also, how do I join the discord you all keep mentioning? Is there a link?

Thanks!
This should get you to discord

I have herd there is a waring harness for ap1 coming soon and comma 2 will work with it. just need to give it a few more months i think.