Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is sneak preview of FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mehhhhh and the comment of the year goes too????
20191219_200221.jpg

Looks like this individual snuck one in with only weeks to go.....

Visualization updates I'd imagine, as nothing requiring actual confidence/control has even been out to early access yet from what we've heard

Not positive if this is what you mean, but yea i'm thinking it's got to do with the visualizations as well. Possibly showing what FSD would do if it were driving, but not actually be controlling anything.

So for example it might show the projected/desired vehicle path as you navigate a left turn at a stoplight, highlight pedestrians near the road and generally show you that the car knows what's going on around it - but not actually taking action based on that data.

Not positive if this is what you mean, but yea i'm thinking it's got to do with the visualizations as well. Possibly showing what FSD would do if it were driving, but not actually be controlling anything.

So for example it might show the projected/desired vehicle path as you navigate a left turn at a stoplight, highlight pedestrians near the road and generally show you that the car knows what's going on around it - but not actually taking action based on that data.

That would be very cool but also distracting

A visualization only change would be crazy distracting. I think it will be city street driving - stop signs, stoplights, and protected left turns only. No roundabouts or other complex nav. And it will have multiple levels of confirmation that it’s a beta and you must be prepared to take over at any time.

At least I hope so!

Last edited:
Yeah but he said same thing would be wide release soon after so I can't imagine it'll have any real functionality- especially given like 99% of the 2.x fleet isn't upgraded yet.

You could be right of course. We don't really know. I can definitely see the FSD sneak peak being FSD visualizations since as you say, that would not require changes to driving controls but would still give us an appropriate tease for FSD. I think just getting traffic light and stop sign visualization would be pretty cool.

Reactions: silenteski
You could be right of course. We don't really know. I can definitely see the FSD sneak peak being FSD visualizations since as you say, that would not require changes to driving controls but would still give us an appropriate tease for FSD. I think just getting traffic light and stop sign visualization would be pretty cool.

Yeah I think stop sign/light visualization would be the minimum it'd be... with a stretch goal of maybe it shows proper intersections and cross traffic in the display (not sure if possible without HW3?)

Reactions: silenteski
Yeah I think stop sign/light visualization would be the minimum it'd be... with a stretch goal of maybe it shows proper intersections and cross traffic in the display (not sure if possible without HW3?)

Traffic light and stop sign visualization would indeed be a logical next step after stop light and stop sign warning.

I hope we get intersection and cross traffic visualization as well. That would be amazing. But yeah, I don't know if it would require AP3 or not. I know my car kinda shows cross traffic now but it is really spotty at best.

Will this be further divergence between those that have HW 2.5 VS HW 3.0?
Many waiting for the upgrade

Does releasing another step towards FSD, let them realize some of the funds held in reserve, like they did with smart summon?
That would be helpful in the last month in their fiscal year.

Reactions: Hank42
“FSD sneak peak” means “the absolute bare minimum that can be delivered which will let us dip our hands into that sweet deferred revenue cookie jar. Also, go f*ck yourself AP2.0 owners”

If AP2.0 owners are indeed left high and dry for good, class action lawyers will also be saying “go F yourself”. They’d better have a plan to make FSD functional on all vehicles for which it was promised and paid for. Many of us are now 3 years into ownership of FSD-equipped AP2.0 cars that we purchased largely for the promise of FSD functionality. I feel bad for those who leased early FSD-compatible cars who are now returning their cars with no FSD to speak of, despite having paid for it all these years...