Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is sneak preview of FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it. But if I recall correctly, that is what Sonny Bono said right before he ran into a tree and killed himself :):eek:

He wasn’t wearing a helmet unfortunately.

Interesting you brought this up last week in LA I noticed part of the freeway network is named after Sonny Bono. Recall he was a congressman after singing career ended? Saw sign while Tesla Deep Neural Network (DNN) AI was driving to some premium outlets owned by SPG (Simon Property Group).

Owning this REIT name makes expenses to check out some of their R.E. tax-deductible, no? Wife insisted on another Prada handbag! I just don’t understand these people from Venus!

I always wear a helmet and I ski fast on slopes designed for that - not in tree “glades”. My knees aren’t the same @ 60 so I avoid moguls now. Hope to still be downhill skiing @ 87 like my Norwegian-American mom!

I recorded a video last night of my 3 showing 2 consecutive stop sign icons replacing the speed limit sign and flashing the red steering wheel when I intentionally ignored them. It’s okay they are on private land in my gated community so ‍♀️ cannot be here unless we invite them in. I have the old Nvidea(?) board. Today, it did not recognize the exact same stop signs in daylight going downhill.

Will post video link here when get chance to upload this.

He responded when I asked about retrofit. When it gets features that diverges. Well that time is now. And when the traffic cones came.

the retrofits have been happening for a little while now already- just happening pretty slowly.

He said they'd start when features diverged, not be done by then.

(I'd also argue "displaying cones" isn't much of a feature- the 2.x cars still SEE and react to em)

Here are the notes for 2019.40.2.4

Attachments

• IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Sigh, this makes being turned down for my HW 3 upgrade Dec 30 sting a bit more. They were out of parts, although my car is eligible.

Mind if I ask what’s your approximate VIN and how did you find out your car is eligible?
I have a feeling being in a state where Tesla is “banned” is going to put me on the bottom of the list.

The fact that the FSD sneak preview will require AP3 makes me think that it will be something fairly substantial. The FSD sneak preview may even be the entire FSD "feature complete" that the development team have completed so far.

That sucks for all of us who don't have AP3 yet. The silver lining is that when the FSD sneak preview is released and we get more info and some videos leak, we might get a better idea of how close or how far Tesla really is to true FSD.

Last edited:
The fact that the FSD sneak preview will require AP3 makes me think that it will be something fairly substantial. The FSD sneak preview may even be the entire FSD "feature complete" that the development team have completed so far.

That sucks for all of us who don't have AP3 yet. The silver lining is that when the FSD sneak preview is released and we get more info and some videos leak, we might get a better idea of how close or how far Tesla really is to true FSD.

Traffic cones are HW3 only... And that's just visualizing the more detailed distinctions it can make.

My take is that there will be more of that. Just displays what it intends to do without doing it.

I doubt it. They'd only release that once a majority of the FSD eligible cars get the hw3 upgrade. Otherwise, there'd be too much whining.

There is already a lot of whining, justifiably so, from AP2 owners who purchased FSD 3 years ago. But yes, releasing "feature complete" to AP3 only when the vast majority of the fleet has not been upgraded yet, would certainly increase (justifiably so) the whining even more.

And Elon even said a few months ago that we should not care about getting the AP3 upgrade until there is enough divergence in the features. Well, if they release "feature complete" to AP3 only, that would certainly be a lot of divergence. The demand for the AP3 upgrade would skyrocket.

The only way Tesla could maybe minimize the whining is if the FSD sneak preview is AP3 only but only a fairly minor FSD feature.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Traffic cones are HW3 only... And that's just visualizing the more detailed distinctions it can make.

My take is that there will be more of that. Just displays what it intends to do without doing it.
Good point. The traffic cone visualization is pointless honestly.

Hopefully this sneak peak is something substantial. But my hopes are low!!

I got extremely lucky with my car being HW3. I bought it in early April of 2019.

I get the frustration of the majority on HW2. Hopefully those upgrades happen sooner rather than later.

Reactions: diplomat33
This FSD sneak peak is most likely weeks away, maybe even months away. After all, even if EA does get it by year's end, it will take time before it goes out wide to the entire fleet. Let's remember "elon time". LOL. So we can only hope that Tesla is planning to accelerate the AP3 upgrades early next year, around the same time that the FSD sneak peak might start going wide as well.