Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is sneak preview of FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the notes for 2019.40.2.4

Those look almost exactly like the notes I got with 2019.40.2.1. Obviously my Model 3 does not have the note about Ludicrous mode, but most of the rest looks the same.

At some point Tesla is going to have to bite the bullet and do something for the people who paid for FSD but whose cars cannot be upgraded. Remember, Tesla promised that this would be an OTA software update. Telling people they may have to wait years because their hardware can only be upgraded one car at a time, by hand, in a service center, as they see features they paid for years ago appearing in newer cars, will not go down well.

Of course, if they never manage to get past EAP the pill will be a bit less bitter, but still they paid for something they never got.

Selling FSD before they had an actual product was, IMO, a really bad mistake.

A sneak peek cannot be actual features that are not yet ready for release, because if the feature is not ready for release permanently, then it's unsafe to release for a day. This is why I think the sneak peek will be some kind of visualization. Perhaps it will run the current development version of FSD in the background (thus requiring HW3) but just showing the visualizations rather than actually driving the car.

Those look almost exactly like the notes I got with 2019.40.2.1. Obviously my Model 3 does not have the note about Ludicrous mode, but most of the rest looks the same.

At some point Tesla is going to have to bite the bullet and do something for the people who paid for FSD but whose cars cannot be upgraded.

... whom do you think that would be?

AFAIK every single car for which FSD was an option can be upgraded.

Thank god my ap2.0 lease is up 8/20

im one of the lucky ones on the tail end of the AP 2 leases.

moment of silence for the 10/11/12 - 2016 AP2 owners....

and a moment of silence for me cause they probably ain't swapping my chip anytime soon either.

Never would i thought in my life of all the things i was an early adopter for....would make me actually left behind.

ap3 processing is certainly faster and smoother then ap2.

Ive driven ap3 for hundreds of miles.

it Definetly reacts quicker.

ap2 and 3 definetly diverged.

if he releases new features after New years and we are stuck waiting for up to 6 months...theres 100% gunna be another class action forming...

i hope they just be clear with their intentions and/or forward the fsd add on to the next vehicle we purchase....

cause that means we would've spent $5000 For EAP and then $3000 for FSD and then another 7/8k for FSD on the next car cause our leases ran out?

yeah sure let me blow half the value of a brand new honda accord on non-transferable incomplete software....

my patience is running out guys...

He wasn’t wearing a helmet unfortunately.

Interesting you brought this up last week in LA I noticed part of the freeway network is named after Sonny Bono. Recall he was a congressman after singing career ended? Saw sign while Tesla Deep Neural Network (DNN) AI was driving to some premium outlets owned by SPG (Simon Property Group).

Owning this REIT name makes expenses to check out some of their R.E. tax-deductible, no? Wife insisted on another Prada handbag! I just don’t understand these people from Venus!

I always wear a helmet and I ski fast on slopes designed for that - not in tree “glades”. My knees aren’t the same @ 60 so I avoid moguls now. Hope to still be downhill skiing @ 87 like my Norwegian-American mom!

:confused:

i hope they just be clear with their intentions and/or forward the fsd add on to the next vehicle we purchase....

I totally disagree, I would be really insulted if this was the solution.
No, I am not interested to get FSD with my next new vehicle purchase instead of they giving me what I paid for already.

If they do not give me what I paid for because they have technical issues, the only solution i will accept and is in agreement with the local law in here, is to re-deliver, as in, they take my car back and give me a new one that's working with same equipment/options...

Thank god my ap2.0 lease is up 8/20

im one of the lucky ones on the tail end of the AP 2 leases.

moment of silence for the 10/11/12 - 2016 AP2 owners....

and a moment of silence for me cause they probably ain't swapping my chip anytime soon either.

Never would i thought in my life of all the things i was an early adopter for....would make me actually left behind.

ap3 processing is certainly faster and smoother then ap2.

Ive driven ap3 for hundreds of miles.

it Definetly reacts quicker.

ap2 and 3 definetly diverged.

if he releases new features after New years and we are stuck waiting for up to 6 months...theres 100% gunna be another class action forming...

cause that means we would've spent $5000 For EAP and then $3000 for FSD and then another 7/8k for FSD on the next car cause our leases ran out?

yeah sure let me blow half the value of a brand new honda accord on non-transferable incomplete software....

my patience is running out guys...

H4RDWRK is an example of what I've been talking about: He or she paid $3,000 on the promise that the car would drive itself. Now the lease is running out, and H4RDWRK has gotten nothing for that $3,000. Assigning that FSD package to the owner rather than the car, so that it transfers to the next car a person buys, would perhaps soften the blow a bit, but would do nothing for a person who chooses a different make of car when they trade in the Tesla. Refunding the $3,000 would be a small good-faith gesture. But by promising something it could not deliver, Tesla really painted itself into a corner.

Advice to business people: Don't sell something that does not exist. Advice to boards of directors: Don't let your CEO make wild and improbable promises. Here's what Tesla should have done: It should have said: "FSD does not exist. We don't know if we can make it happen. We don't know if the hardware on your car will be adequate. But we are optimistic. Give us X dollars now, and if we can make it happen on your car, we will. If we can make it happen but it requires hardware your car does not have, we'll give you the FSD upgrade at no added cost if you trade your car up. If we cannot make it happen, know that we tried."

I’m reading through quite a few complaints. You folks didn’t buy a Chevrolet. I’ll venture to guess, you knew exactly what you were buying. Full self driving will evolve exponentially — your investment will pay pay handsomely. Just my opinion.

Please elaborate?
How will fully functional FSD on my private car that i drive maximum 1 time every second month pay me handsomely?

You invested in FSD based on using it every second month?

BA, HA Ha Ha

My apologies, that’s my limbic brain laughing at your neocortex.

Actually, no.
I do not know how you are managing your cars and life, but I have 5 cars I'm juggling between, depending on what i/we are doing.
And the Tesla is only used on weekends/holidays when we are the family together, therefore the FSD, because then I want to relax and enjoy the time.

However, I gave you the carrot of explaining the usage when I asked why I would get paid handsomely.
And i just did that because i thought maybe you where thinking about robo taxi, but still I wanted you to explain.
Because I know that me for my self and others i know, don't want to let other strangers to take rides without the owner...

Now, that i actually explained my question for you, would you please elaborate why every FSD owners would get paid "handsomely"?

Or are you just gulping up stuff?
-because, as I see it, nobody, no matter how much they are using their own car, are going to be paid "handsomely"...
Unless they are going to be a part of the robo taxi scheme, and even then we do not know what the benefits for the owners are.

So I'm still waiting for a reasonable answer for my question...

Actually, no.
I do not know how you are managing your cars and life, but I have 5 cars I'm juggling between, depending on what i/we are doing.
And the Tesla is only used on weekends/holidays when we are the family together, therefore the FSD, because then I want to relax and enjoy the time.

However, I gave you the carrot of explaining the usage when I asked why I would get paid handsomely.
And i just did that because i thought maybe you where thinking about robo taxi, but still I wanted you to explain.
Because I know that me for my self and others i know, don't want to let other strangers to take rides without the owner...

Now, that i actually explained my question for you, would you please elaborate why every FSD owners would get paid "handsomely"?

Or are you just gulping up stuff?
-because, as I see it, nobody, no matter how much they are using their own car, are going to be paid "handsomely"...
Unless they are going to be a part of the robo taxi scheme, and even then we do not know what the benefits for the owners are.

So I'm still waiting for a reasonable answer for my question...

If for no other reason, the safety of you, your family and friends. In the United States, 94 percent of car accidents result from driver error.

Safety.

Reactions: jboy210
Maybe if your trading to Tesla they should work with those who already purchased FSD since they have a habit recently of removing said feature from their used inventory.... The only people I truly feel for are those who LEASED based on Tesla's initial timeline and are now turning in cars that never saw anything past what was initially promised under EAP that effing stings.... Can't refund and remove unless buying out at the end or it was a Tesla lease and they agree to it. But something should be done for those folks....

NOW back on topic.... @verygreen showed on his Twitter that it is in deed plug and play for AP2.5 MCU1 owners. So hopefully they start retrofitting those vehicles so that we/they can get to see some new functionality soon

If for no other reason, the safety of you, your family and friends. In the United States, 94 percent of car accidents result from driver error.

Safety.

Okay, thanks for the response.

Regarding car accidents in the US.
I mean this is "almost" just as much the road designers and lawmakers fault.
Every time i have been there, I'm surprised over what's allowed and how the roads are designed, with crossings, u-turns, and other things.
And why not make it a law to have proper protection when driving a motorcycle?
How much does it cost the society that people (not smart ones) are driving around without protection on their motorcycle and cars making u-turns in the middle of a 60mph road, and crashes.

I also support the right of freedom, but some things should be mandatory...

Safety.

Well said. In addition there are 40,000 traffic accident deaths in the US every year. Over 1 million worldwide. Imagine what an impact FSD could have it reduced those number by even 15%.

H4RDWRK is an example of what I've been talking about: He or she paid $3,000 on the promise that the car would drive itself. Now the lease is running out, and H4RDWRK has gotten nothing for that $3,000. Assigning that FSD package to the owner rather than the car, so that it transfers to the next car a person buys, would perhaps soften the blow a bit, but would do nothing for a person who chooses a different make of car when they trade in the Tesla. Refunding the $3,000 would be a small good-faith gesture. But by promising something it could not deliver, Tesla really painted itself into a corner.

Advice to business people: Don't sell something that does not exist. Advice to boards of directors: Don't let your CEO make wild and improbable promises. Here's what Tesla should have done: It should have said: "FSD does not exist. We don't know if we can make it happen. We don't know if the hardware on your car will be adequate. But we are optimistic. Give us X dollars now, and if we can make it happen on your car, we will. If we can make it happen but it requires hardware your car does not have, we'll give you the FSD upgrade at no added cost if you trade your car up. If we cannot make it happen, know that we tried."

thanks for the mention....but yea if they were just MORE CLEAR. I wouldnt and probably many many others wouldnt have beef with anything...

im not in pitch fork mode because obviously my lease isnt over yet, but also at the same time ive seen the progress....they have Definitely made many improvements....

But it was honestly Rediculous having ap2 in the beginning and knowing the car was borderline suicidal until it surpassed ap1 in 3/2018.

i made a youtube video about it when they sent that update and i was overly excited and it went to electrek and teslarati and then was retweeted to elon and he liked the video lol....

so im on board with their progress, ive been seriously patient... but like every damn day its searching through these forums looking for some insider info on hw swap capabilities and verygreen hacking the car to see whats coming up next...

like why cant tesla just be public and be honest and say alright guys heres what were gunna do...so calm down....

wanna know why?

cause management gets so damn shuffled so quickly its impossible for you to establish a relationship with a service tech to have that personable service that we used to have.

and rules and deals change every end of the quarter....so nobody knows when or what is going on.

Dear god i feel so bad for the people who have a 2.5 non raven s or x that didnt get free supercharging during that weird like 3-6 month stint....they must feel f$&ked over too...

like there is never a damn right time to buy a tesla....

disclosure: im gunna get the top model x when they release the plaid powertrain hopefully by end of the year next year....

if my lease ends early before that...i will sit without a tesla until they update the powertrain idc...

im not getting left behind again.

and then watch not even 6 months later (cause it will be almost, what? 18 months since ap3?) ap4 will be in cars and all of us will be freaking face palming when elon says.....

ap3 = supervision
Ap4 = sleep in the car.

then my friends....we shall gather with the pitchforks.

Found this clip on reddit with Eli Burton and Alex Guberman. Eli says that he has a friend in EA who got the FSD sneak preview. He describes it as "street level autopilot" and says it will "blow people's minds" in a couple weeks when videos come out.

FSD Sneak Preview is gonna " to blow people minds" - Reddit

It is second hand hearsay so who knows. But if true, it sounds like the FSD sneak preview could be AP3 specific code for the "automatic city driving" feature.

Found this clip on reddit with Eli Burton and Alex Guberman. Eli says that he has a friend in EA who got the FSD sneak preview. He describes it as "street level autopilot" and says it will "blow people's minds" in a couple weeks when videos come out.

FSD Sneak Preview is gonna " to blow people minds" - Reddit

It is second hand hearsay so who knows. But if true, it sounds like the FSD sneak preview could be AP3 specific code for the "automatic city driving" feature.
Nice find and thanks for sharing. This is along the lines of what I was expecting. We should see videos popping up on YT this week with FSD city driving.

I'm guessing that FSD is similar to Smart Summon. It works but it's not smooth and it's definitely not perfect. But just like Smart Summon, I'm super excited for FSD.