Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is sneak preview of FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Wow" gets people talking, and no other consumer vehicles are doing this now even if it's very "basic" for self-driving competitors.

> The driving visualization can now display additional objects which include stop lights, stop signs and select road markings. The stop sign and stop light visualizations are not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car. To see these additional objects in your driving visualization, tap Controls > Autopilot > Full Self-Driving Visualization Preview.

Already agreed to that point. But since I had the car showing stop signs and traffic lights 6 months ago I'm just not impressed. My opinion only, not asking you to agree, though Electrek did... I may end up being impressed if the visualizations are really good and accurate.... Doubt it but it's possible.

FSD visualizations!

EMetnOvU4AIZ-PN

EMetnMIUcAATgej

This other second hand source is also saying that "city level autopilot" is coming to EA by year's end. So I think (hope) the FSD visualizations might be step 1 and actual "city level autopilot" will go to EA afterwards.

As I said in the other thread where you posted this, I want to know whether "city level autopilot" means NoA in the city, or just permission to use the existing AP in the city, which the car will let you do even though they tell you not to.

Just found this hot mind blowing update that includesView attachment 491899 construction workers

Somehow I think that's not actually the real visualization. Somebody's having fun with Photoshop? :)

As I said in the other thread where you posted this, I want to know whether "city level autopilot" means NoA in the city, or just permission to use the existing AP in the city, which the car will let you do even though they tell you not to.

Good question! We would all love to know that. At this point, we don't know the answer yet. Although, I assume Tesla intent is actual "city NOA" at some point.

From Investor thread:

Update: there's credible seeming leaks on Twitter reporting that a select group of Early Access testers has the HW3 City Streets driving code activated:

3rd Row Tesla on Twitter

"So the big surprise this week is this:

Even though only a select few Early Access users will have the code that actually stops the car enabled...

EVERYONE with Hardware 3 gets to see the full self driving visualization."​

Is this feature complete?

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
TOLD YOU!! Yes, it appears that Tesla is starting to roll out "feature complete" to some EA. I think that is what the "city level AP will blow people's minds" was a reference to.

”Level 5 no geofence” then?

Because that is what ”feature complete” means unless Elon Musk lied at Autonomy Investor Day or you are trying to re-define ”feature complete” into something that was not announced?

Looking forward to full traffic sign reading and reacting to humans directing traffic, if that is the case.

Because that is what ”feature complete” means unless Elon Musk lied at Autonomy Investor Day or you are trying to re-define ”feature complete” into something that was not announced?

Looking forward to full traffic sign reading and reacting to humans directing traffic, if that is the case.

X2.... All I see is traffic cones and stop signs that do absolutely nothing other than distract a driver. Shouldn't they be implementing features that help with safety first.

Stop it!! No, I am not redefining "feature complete". I said "starting to roll out" meaning they are starting a process. I did not say that they have released the entire "feature complete". You know Tesla does things incrementally. So "L5 feature complete no geofence" is still the same but I am saying maybe Tesla is starting to roll out the first piece of "L5 feature complete no geofence", like "traffic light response". That is a piece of feature complete, not the whole thing.

@diplomat33 ”Starting to roll out feature complete” is a fairly well defined statement and it seems it does not mean what you think it means, then.

If we must find more useful and accurate words for this, may I suggest Tesla is starting to roll out some features of the Automatic Driving on City Streets.

In my view that is much more likely to be accurate than Elon’s ”Level 5 no geofence feature complete by end of 2019”.

Last edited: