Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla doing now concerning the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you still have your M3 reservation? If so.... What are you going to do with your MS when the M3 arrives?

No more M3 reservation unfortunately.

I tend to buy my cars and run them into the ground, so I will keep the MS for maybe 10 years, by which time the Tesla ute will be out, with the VW electric camper, the BMW iWhatever, Ford, Chevy, Nissan and a multitude of others that have only just realised that perhaps EV is the only way to really go.

<Soapbox>

I am assuming you mean Peasants instead of Pheasants. As referring to us "poor" folk as large long-tailed game birds in this context just wouldn't make sense.

I am trying hard not to be offended that you refer to a Model 3 reservation holder as a peasant. I am certainly not "rich" but I have worked hard for what I have. And I proudly put down $1K of my own money to help fund the only brand new car I will probably ever buy.

For this...enjoy Dislike x2 :)

</Soapbox>
Come on people.

You really don't get what I'm saying or are you just trying to argue? I'm not comparing my income to $0 as you are doing. Its relative.

The difference between Elon type money and my money is equivalent to ME being a peasant. It doesn't mean that I'm poor. I'm far from poor, however I'm immensely further from Elon type money.

Oprah Winfrey is a peasant compared to Bill Gates.

Come on.....please.

Last edited:
Agreed on a very frustrating year. And, I knew that going in.

To keep the $1k for two years in perspective, my credit union pays .15% (yes 15/100ths of 1%) interest on normal savings. So, by giving Tesla my $1,000.00 for 2 years will cost me $3.00 in lost interest earnings. I'm okay with that. I got more than 3 bucks satisfaction when my thanks for the reservation note and Model 3 sketch showed up in the mail.
.15%!

Lucky! My credit union gives me .05%... I have to open a MM with $10k to get .15%.

Maybe next time Tesla should take deposits much later than they did this time.
To hold $1K for 2 years is a long time.
Garlan, when I made your $1K reservation, did you seriously think that you would have a Model 3 in your garage a year later? If so, I would like to know what information you had that led you to believe that would happen.

If not, when did you expect to receive your 3? At the March 31st reveal Elon stated Model 3 production would begin in 2017. You read TMC closely, and you know that at the earliest production will not begin until summer 2017, and the first cars would be delivered to Tesla or SpaceX employees with reservations, than the next cars would be to current owners on the US West Coast, than current owners on the US East Coast, and so on. You are neither a Tesla/SpaceX employee or a current owner. It is clear that you will not get your car for quite a while.
I'm losing my interest in these reveals. I'm starting to feel like Teslas rich people are teasing reservation holding pheasants
. I know you meant to type "peasants". But I think your statement is unreasonable based on readily available public information about which Model 3 reservation holders will receive their cars first.

Come on people.

You really don't get what I'm saying or are you just trying to argue? I'm not comparing my income to $0 as you are doing. Its relative.

The difference between Elon type money and my money is equivalent to ME being a peasant. It doesn't mean that I'm poor. I'm far from poor, however I'm immensely further from Elon type money.

Oprah Winfrey is a peasant compared to Bill Gates.

Come on.....please.
is this a five minute argument or the full half-hour?
:D

Garlan, when I made your $1K reservation, did you seriously think that you would have a Model 3 in your garage a year later? If so, I would like to know what information you had that led you to believe that would happen.

If not, when did you expect to receive your 3? At the March 31st reveal Elon stated Model 3 production would begin in 2017. You read TMC closely, and you know that at the earliest production will not begin until summer 2017, and the first cars would be delivered to Tesla or SpaceX employees with reservations, than the next cars would be to current owners on the US West Coast, than current owners on the US East Coast, and so on. You are neither a Tesla/SpaceX employee or a current owner. It is clear that you will not get your car for quite a while.
. I know you meant to type "peasants". But I think your statement is unreasonable based on readily available public information about which Model 3 reservation holders will receive their cars first.
I suppose you are correct on some statements.

I do wonder who will receive their M3's first. Line Waiters? People on the west coast? I'm thinking that people on the west coast who waited 2 days to put in a reservation will receive theirs before those who waited in line on the east coast. Anywhoo..... There is nothing anyone can do about that.

I know we all are kind of having a bit of fun with the OP, but I'll be honest that the excitement has gotten to me enough that I am now shopping CPO Model S's and I may purchase one of those soon.

If I do, my level of impatience with the wait for the 3 will be significantly reduced, I expect. I plan to keep my reservation, but I may not configure immediately anymore once my turn is up if the current production schedule is met.

(Admittedly, I am half expecting Tesla to not meet their goals again, and if that happens, at least I will have been enjoying my S for several years while I wait. )

Reactions: SΞXY P100D and KJD
I know we all are kind of having a bit of fun with the OP, but I'll be honest that the excitement has gotten to me enough that I am now shopping CPO Model S's and I may purchase one of those soon.

If I do, my level of impatience with the wait for the 3 will be significantly reduced, I expect. I plan to keep my reservation, but I may not configure immediately anymore once my turn is up if the current production schedule is met.

(Admittedly, I am half expecting Tesla to not meet their goals again, and if that happens, at least I will have been enjoying my S for several years while I wait. )
Great. That moves me up by 1.

Only 100,000 to go.

LOL, it only moves you up by one if I don't configure. Otherwise I am still way ahead of you being in California.
Aaarrrrgggghhhh.

Come on....you know you want that MS. Its a beautiful car. Its fast and gorgeous. Its been rated the best car this year by many magazines. Its just fantastic. Just think...you could be driving a Tesla in 3 months.

( hmmm, I wonder if that did it ).

Reactions: Az_Rael
Tesla should schedule configuration times based on where you are going to pick up your M3.

I'm certainly going to pick mine up in fremont. This year California taxes are almost identical to Illinois Taxes. If that holds true through 2017...I'm picking it up there. ( fully loaded ). All options.

Tesla should schedule configuration times based on where you are going to pick up your M3.

I'm certainly going to pick mine up in fremont. This year California taxes are almost identical to Illinois Taxes. If that holds true through 2017...I'm picking it up there. ( fully loaded ). All options.

Watch out. It's usually not as simple as pay-in-California-don't-pay-in-home-state.

Paying in California will likely exempt you from Illinois sales/use tax, but it might not exempt you from local use tax.