Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla doing now concerning the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand. What is a local use tax?

Illinois Use Tax

States typically have reciprocity agreements that mean you only pay use tax on the additional amount of sales tax you'd pay in your home state. But if you live in a county or city that applies additional sales tax then you may be subject to that additional use tax.

For example, if you live in Cook County, you'd have to pay their 0.75%(?) use tax.

Illinois Use Tax

States typically have reciprocity agreements that mean you only pay use tax on the additional amount of sales tax you'd pay in your home state. But if you live in a county or city that applies additional sales tax then you may be subject to that additional use tax.

For example, if you live in Cook County, you'd have to pay their 0.75%(?) use tax.
oh ok. that's not a problem.

I'm losing my interest in these reveals. I'm starting to feel like Teslas rich people are teasing reservation holding pheasants.
You need a hobby....other than TMC.

Wait until the inevitable EM Tweets start, about delays in production. You know the ones about Suppliers getting thrown under the EM bus. It'll be interesting to see everyone's level of interest at that point......

I won't see an M3 until mid-2020, or after.

If you guys really want a Tesla today, why not just buy a CPO car. You get a 4 year warranty and by the time the warranty expires on the CPO the model 3 production line will be running full speed.
I wish people would read ONLY what I post.

Let me ask. What post did you see that makes you think "I only want a Tesla"? No one is answering my questions. They are just responding with emotional retorts.

I wish people would read ONLY what I post.

Let me ask. What post did you see that makes you think "I only want a Tesla"? No one is answering my questions. They are just responding with emotional retorts.
Stoon answered your question in post #2. You do not listen very well yourself. Go back and read post number 2.

They are still pricing outsourced parts. I know this to be fact as of 8/17/2016. This indicates they have most the engineering done.

They are acting like Walmart though on the pricing, playing games with suppliers. Since they might have gotten a bit too aggressive with their existing supplier base, and the units per month are going to climb, they might struggle getting a complete stack of suppliers with redundancy, quality, and true JIT capability.

• Informative
Reactions: Weezer Fan
Stoon answered your question in post #2. You do not listen very well yourself. Go back and read post number 2.
I've asked MANY questions. Thank you stoon and others. I wasn't just looking for one perspective. Thanks to all that have responded to the original question.
Of course I have dialoged where I disagreed with some perspectives and its all good with me.

Here is yet another question.
What is your example of me not listening? I have responded to every response.

Last edited:
They are still pricing outsourced parts. I know this to be fact as of 8/17/2016. This indicates they have most the engineering done.

They are acting like Walmart though on the pricing, playing games with suppliers. Since they might have gotten a bit too aggressive with their existing supplier base, and the units per month are going to climb, they might struggle getting a complete stack of suppliers with redundancy, quality, and true JIT capability.
I agree McRat. The Walmart example is great. Tesla has achieved a lot of success very quickly and they appeared to have hired a lot of experience which is great. I just hope that they aren't too aggressive because their mission statement is absolutely fantastic.
I am not a car builder or designer and I was just wondering what a lot of you thought as to where they are in their M3 process.

Anyone know what Tesla is doing concerning the M3?

Tesla Model 3: Tesla is ordering enough parts for a fleet of ~300 prototypes

Build prototypes, do on the road tests, crash tests, certification, etc. Build up the Fremont factory. Seal the deal with parts suppliers. Etc.

Question #1 Answered.

Garlan Garner, post: "Is it going to be this quiet for the next 18 months?"

This thread goes on for 4 pages so, no, it will not be quiet for the next 18 months:)

Is Elon/Tesla EVER quiet for 18 months? Perhaps a better place for answers would be the "Roadster Forum"; see what they did/heard for more than 18 months. Short of that, the question is tantamount to asking whether it will rain tomorrow; whether a named hurricane will make landfall on Cocoa Beach; whether the closing price of the Dow on Monday will be up or down.

Talk of where you stand "in line" for delivery is fraught with enough variables to make a mathematicians head spin.

E. g.: Two of us in Ohio had cars enter production at the same time. They were ordered at different times and VIN were not very close. They exited production a day apart. They were on the same train to Chicago. His was to be delivered to Cincinnati; mine to Columbus (geographically impaired please note: Columbus is closer to Chicago). Mine should have been delivered first; it wasn't. Allegedly didn't make it off the train the same day.
(I say allegedly because that's the story I was told). So this is a very tiny microcosm of what goes on at Tesla daily. To even worry about when your delivery may take place is draining. Way too many variables. (Will a NEW SPACEX employee be allowed to jump in line; how about those new Tesla employees; what if your car doesn't make the batch delivery to Chicago).

My 6 week wait seemed excruciating. But with out the much longer (years?) waits suffered by the original Roadster owners and the long (months?) suffered by the MS early adopters none of us would be on this forum worried about first world problems anyway.

I sympathize. But you kind of knew in advance what the $1000 would get.

For what others, and I have answered, I'd say question #2 is unanswerable to your satisfaction. With all due respect.

• Helpful
Reactions: SΞXY P100D and KJD
For what others, and I have answered, I'd say question #2 is unanswerable to your satisfaction. With all due respect.

I am satisfied. Where are you getting that I'm not satisfied? I'm not looking for an answer. I was looking for discussions with many people and get their perspective.

I've agreed with many people here and their perspective as to what is happening now at Tesla. Why are you assuming that I just want an answer or that there is only one answer. Some people have responded from a financial perspective - some from a design perspective - some from a leadership perspective. There are many people here that have many perspectives. Is there only one answer?

Yet another question.
Where are you getting that I'm not satisfied?