Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla doing now concerning the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what Tesla is doing now?

I asked this question last year and it seems like we still don't know.

I mean....they have billions of dollars. What is taking sooooooo long?
I'm gonna suggest this and I mean no disrespect but perhaps Tesla isn't the company for you. If you don't like waiting and having little to no
Information then I would suggest moving on.

I'm gonna suggest this and I mean no disrespect but perhaps Tesla isn't the company for you. If you don't like waiting and having little to no
Information then I would suggest moving on.

Bro, you are disrespecting a Tesla owner (Look at Garlan's avatar) by telling him to "Move Around" because he is anxious? But you don't mean any disrespect? :confused: You must be Republican! \s ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: Ken7
I wonder what Tesla is doing now?

I asked this question last year and it seems like we still don't know.

I mean....they have billions of dollars. What is taking sooooooo long?

All of the answers you got the first time around still apply....

• It takes a long time to do what they're doing
  • You can't just throw money at something and expect it to always go faster
  • Just because they don't give you daily updates doesn't mean they aren't doing anything
  • Most of us would rather they take their time and get it right than hurry it up and make mistakes
  • I'm sure I've missed a few so feel to go back and re read the last 6 pages.

All of the answers you got the first time around still apply....

• It takes a long time to do what they're doing
  • You can't just throw money at something and expect it to always go faster
  • Just because they don't give you daily updates doesn't mean they aren't doing anything
  • Most of us would rather they take their time and get it right than hurry it up and make mistakes
  • I'm sure I've missed a few so feel to go back and re read the last 6 pages.
My point exactly. There is nothing different. Same answers and same questions. And in 6 months I'll ask again.

I disagree.....money is leverage. I own a company. I used money to adjust time tables and it works great.

I'll double your pay if you provide the results in half the time.....has worked time and again for me. Please don't try and convince me that money doesn't talk. It certainly does.

My point exactly. There is nothing different. Same answers and same questions.
There are plenty of things different. There are now release candidates out being tested.
Tesla has said they are building cars using actual production machinery.
They've told us, several times, that everything is on schedule.
What more do you want? Daily updates? Not going to happen - get over and wait until to July like the rest of us.

I disagree.....money is leverage. I own a company. I used money to adjust time tables and it works great.

I'll double your pay if you provide the results in half the time.....has worked time and again for me. Please don't try and convince me that money doesn't talk. It certainly does.
You can disagree all you like, that doesn't mean you're right. At least not in every case. Sure there are a lot things that can expedited by throwing money at them, but there are just as many that can't. Yep you can hire twice as many people to dig a ditch for you, but I'd rather not fly on an airplane that was designed and built in half the normal time, regardless of how much money was thrown at it.

There are plenty of things different. There are now release candidates out being tested.
What more do you want? Daily updates? Not going to happen - get over and wait until to July like the rest of us.

You can disagree all you like, that doesn't mean you're right. At least not in every case. Sure there are a lot things that can expedited by throwing money at them, but there are just as many that can't. Yep you can hire twice as many people to dig a ditch for you, but I'd rather not fly on an airplane that was designed and built in half the normal time, regardless of how much money was thrown at it.
None of the things you listed are substantive at all. Announcements? Hopes? and Dreams? Really? A multi billion dollar company with a multi billionaire CEO......and a year of hopes on a list? I would suspect the same would be said if it takes another year. O wait...I did receive a sketch. That was nice.

The reason that I'm successful in my business is because I'm not accepting normalcy. I don't let vendors run my business just because that's how things are "normally" done. I don't accept in what normally happens. I have to out-pace my competition not my customers. Right now Tesla has no real EV competition. I'm glad Tesla/Elon didn't believe in the "normal" way of doing things such as "dealerships" and the like. I'm glad Tesla didn't mimic GM or Toyota or Ford.

It means that I'm right because I've done it. Period. It works. No one can ever say that money doesn't influence timelines. This is not merely an opinion of mine. My family eats because I out pace my competition - with their normal/traditional timelines.

I think you just like to disagree with me......no matter what I say.....even if I say that grass is green and that the New England Patriots won the super bowl.

While we may not be seeing many mules or hearing any official updates, things are progressing behind the scenes based on recent permit applications:
Tesla Model 3: new building permits show production line under construction, hints at automated Supercharger

In many ways, quietly getting the factory ready to build the cars is more significant and substantive than seeing test cars out on the road or reading/watching bombastic product updates issued by the PR department or hanging on every word of Elon's cryptic tweets.

Last edited:
Reactions: RubberToe
PLEASE...Don't remind me! "Rise Up" done fell down. Worst second half of football ever. Don't mind me, I'm just a STILL disgruntled Falcons fan.

Dan
Hey, I'm a Bills fan so you've got nothing on me. :D But I still can't believe they didn't just run the ball a few times when they were at the 20-something and then just kick the field goal to basically put the game away.

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner

I believe that even ELON is possibly responding to "financial" incentives.

Elon Musk closing in on $1.4 billion 'bonus' for achieving Tesla goals

No one can convince me that money doesn't talk.

I don't necessarily agree that it should be such a strong influence, but........it is.

While we may not be seeing many mules or hearing any official updates, things are progressing behind the scenes based on recent permit applications:
Tesla Model 3: new building permits show production line under construction, hints at automated Supercharger

In many ways, quietly getting the factory ready to build the cars is more significant and substantive than seeing test cars out on the road or reading/watching bombastic product updates issued by the PR department or hanging on every word of Elon's cryptic tweets.
Now that's some good news. Concrete evidence of possible movement forward.