Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla service like post delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we all know how bad the service is pre-delivery of your Tesla. The lack of communication and delays are pretty much part of the purchasing process. What I'd like to know is once you receive your car, is the service post delivery any better. The Tesla breakdown service for example. Do they respond quite quickly? Also, I'd like to know if the car servicing, MOT, and repairs are any good? Any feedback on their assistance hotline would be appreciated. Are you able to get through without long delays? Were the staff more helpful than the delivery team?
I'm already quite disheartened by the lack of service running up to the delivery of my model 3, but I am hoping that after the receipt of my car, things will be a lot better.

Well unless they have redirected staff from breakdown to deliveries in theory they should be able to close near term, long term they will need to increase staff, best bet would be to phone the assistance number and see how long it takes to get through!

All of my oil changes have gone smoothly (ha ha).

After one year and 16k miles of M3 ownership, a fault indicator appeared on my screen. I scheduled/confirmed a service appointment using the app. Within 24 hours, I received a text and a call from Tesla stating they ran a remote diagnostic on the car and determined the driver seat wiring harness needed to be replaced and that the part was ordered. Due to parts availability, the appointment was pushed out two weeks to a Sunday afternoon (This was not an Urgent issue and I continued to drive the car as normal the whole time). Tesla mobile arrived at my house on time and replaced the wiring harness. I've put 2k more miles on the car and this was the only service issue with my M3.

Last edited:
please explain what happened in your case post delivery?

Not able to get in touch with a human being. Ever.

Not able to get required parts for repairs in a timely manner.

Not able to get appointments in a timely manner.

Loaner vehicle program was scrapped.

I would say that ranks Tesla below Kia on the service scale.

Reactions: PV4EV
Not able to get in touch with a human being. Ever.

Not able to get required parts for repairs in a timely manner.

Not able to get appointments in a timely manner.

Loaner vehicle program was scrapped.

I would say that ranks Tesla below Kia on the service scale.

Not to bump on here... but Kia customer service isn’t bad at all.

I’d say from the above they’re worse than Alfa which is awful lol

Pretty good in my experience.

My car developed a small rattle and had a few trim pieces which needed attention, I arranged the service via the app and picked the closest appointment which was about 10 days away. The service was friendly and although I had no real way of getting in touch with them during the visit we got a call each day they had the car and they gave us a Model S loaner throughout.

The app informed me when the work was complete, and the issues with the car were resolved.

Other than a phone number to call, I'm not sure what else I needed that I didn't get.

Reactions: Roy W. and EV-Tiger
I also found them good. Had a couple of trim issues and the boot alignment wasn't perfect. Booked it in to be fixed using the app. and selected a date that suited me. Good communication with txt messages before the date and then txt updates as they worked on the car. Also got a loaner as lived quite far away. Everything I had noted was fixed. So I'm happy with the service. It was at West Drayton.

Reactions: Roy W. and SirRob
My experience with Tesla service post model 3 delivery was outstanding. I visited Tesla Dublin. The appointment was booked through the app and they called me and emailed me and could not do enough to address every concern and issue. First class.
By comparison when I took delivery of a new Porsche a few years back the car was so full of defects and the service so appalling, and I mean really really bad, that I had to sue their ass to get compensated. The Tesla experience for me has been a breath of fresh air. They may not be perfect but at least they appear to be honest and try their best in clearly difficult circumstances. That is a refreshing change in the motor industry.

There are lots of threads on this but mostly in the US. Sometimes you're lucky (eg no problems) and others it is disgraceful - emergency need for car assistance and not able to reach anyone for hours then more hours for them to dispatch help.
Less info in the UK but don't count on good service unless you have an underutilized sc in your area (does such a thing exist?)

My experience with Tesla service post model 3 delivery was outstanding. I visited Tesla Dublin. The appointment was booked through the app and they called me and emailed me and could not do enough to address every concern and issue. First class.
By comparison when I took delivery of a new Porsche a few years back the car was so full of defects and the service so appalling, and I mean really really bad, that I had to sue their ass to get compensated. The Tesla experience for me has been a breath of fresh air. They may not be perfect but at least they appear to be honest and try their best in clearly difficult circumstances. That is a refreshing change in the motor industry.
That why they are Most Loved Brand 2019 – Tesla :D

Not sure why Alfa Romeo and Land Rover are next best though :D:D

Not sure why [URL='https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=distance&radius=50&postcode=n1c4ag&onesearchad=New&make=ALFA%20ROMEO' said:
Alfa Romeo[/URL] and Land Rover are next best though :D:D

That's why these kinds of surveys are mostly BS, i think ;).

Not everyone is looking for the same values in a car/brand. I bet I'm quite different when it comes to cars than my fellow Tesla drivers.
And how the hell would most mini hatch driver (most fun car to drive) know how a Tesla or a Porsche drives.
The Mazda Crx-5 is the best dog owners car......without dog mode :rolleyes:

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed more sensible than starting another thread on essentially the same topic. Back when I picked my car up from West Drayton on 22nd November last year, there were a couple of small paint defects, including a chip right down to base metal. The chap at West Drayton photographed the defects and said they'd be sorted, but that as a back up it would be a good idea for me to also log them via the service app.

I did this as soon as I got home, although it took a few goes, as for whatever reason, the app didn't seem to want to play ball when working over Wifi (no mobile signal here). I'd already told the guy at Tesla that sending an SMS wasn't reliable, as we can't seem to get them over a Wifi connection, plus I have the comms preferences set up in the Tesla App to NOT use SMS, but instead use our landline 'phone or email.

The system seemed to work eventually, and I had an email on 4th December confirming that I had a service appointment booked in Bristol for 22nd January 2020. I replied to that email with some questions about how long they would need the car for, whether I'd need to have a loan car, etc, but had no reply.

Today I had an email reminder telling me that my service appointment is for 08:30 tomorrow morning at Bristol. Given that it will take me at least 2 1/2 hours to get to Bristol, I was a bit less than impressed that they had chosen to arbitrarily change the date and time like this. I rang them (on the normal number, selected option 5 for service) and was put through to a very helpful chap in Milton Keynes. He said that I'd already cancelled an appointment for 12th December (not true - no idea where that story came from) and that I'd been sent a notification of a new appointment on 10th January. I explained that the only notifications I'd had were an email confirming the 22nd January 2020 appointment, plus a reminder that my appointment was 10th January.

The chap at MK was great, called Bristol and arranged for them to call me back. A new appointment was scheduled with no hassle. When talking to the MK chap I thanked him, and said that actually talking to Tesla staff was a positive experience, but that their IT systems were totally crap. I got the feeling he agreed, but he did also add that since the launch of the model 3 in the UK they are having to deal with well over 10 times the number of customer queries per day, and that they do struggle a bit, as the systems that are supposed to make things semi-automatic aren't working as well as they should and are due to be upgraded/replaced.

The chap I spoke to at Bristol was every bit as helpful, and I had the feeling that he was in much the same position as the chap at MK. My guess is that, for whatever reason, Tesla UK just haven't managed to get their act together to deal with the volume of business they are now handling.

My guess is that this may well change before too long, but having experienced IT system upgrades at work in the past, I'd not hold my breath as to how long it takes Tesla UK to sort things out.

Fingers crossed that my car finally gets sorted when I get to take it in later this month.

Reactions: PV4EV