Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla service like post delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I prefer the single deck. I took my Aston Martin on the lower deck and it was much easier. The only problem is the Flexiplus will put you anywhere.

You might have posted on the wrong thread. Or it could just be me!

I too prefer the wider single deck and also discovered traffic aware cruise control works inside the train too for a lazy loading experience! Sucks about Flexiplus - I guess you get either the lounge or the high car but not both.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed more sensible than starting another thread on essentially the same topic. Back when I picked my car up from West Drayton on 22nd November last year, there were a couple of small paint defects, including a chip right down to base metal. The chap at West Drayton photographed the defects and said they'd be sorted, but that as a back up it would be a good idea for me to also log them via the service app.

I did this as soon as I got home, although it took a few goes, as for whatever reason, the app didn't seem to want to play ball when working over Wifi (no mobile signal here). I'd already told the guy at Tesla that sending an SMS wasn't reliable, as we can't seem to get them over a Wifi connection, plus I have the comms preferences set up in the Tesla App to NOT use SMS, but instead use our landline 'phone or email.

The system seemed to work eventually, and I had an email on 4th December confirming that I had a service appointment booked in Bristol for 22nd January 2020. I replied to that email with some questions about how long they would need the car for, whether I'd need to have a loan car, etc, but had no reply.

Today I had an email reminder telling me that my service appointment is for 08:30 tomorrow morning at Bristol. Given that it will take me at least 2 1/2 hours to get to Bristol, I was a bit less than impressed that they had chosen to arbitrarily change the date and time like this. I rang them (on the normal number, selected option 5 for service) and was put through to a very helpful chap in Milton Keynes. He said that I'd already cancelled an appointment for 12th December (not true - no idea where that story came from) and that I'd been sent a notification of a new appointment on 10th January. I explained that the only notifications I'd had were an email confirming the 22nd January 2020 appointment, plus a reminder that my appointment was 10th January.

The chap at MK was great, called Bristol and arranged for them to call me back. A new appointment was scheduled with no hassle. When talking to the MK chap I thanked him, and said that actually talking to Tesla staff was a positive experience, but that their IT systems were totally crap. I got the feeling he agreed, but he did also add that since the launch of the model 3 in the UK they are having to deal with well over 10 times the number of customer queries per day, and that they do struggle a bit, as the systems that are supposed to make things semi-automatic aren't working as well as they should and are due to be upgraded/replaced.

The chap I spoke to at Bristol was every bit as helpful, and I had the feeling that he was in much the same position as the chap at MK. My guess is that, for whatever reason, Tesla UK just haven't managed to get their act together to deal with the volume of business they are now handling.

My guess is that this may well change before too long, but having experienced IT system upgrades at work in the past, I'd not hold my breath as to how long it takes Tesla UK to sort things out.

Fingers crossed that my car finally gets sorted when I get to take it in later this month.

The problem with their deliveries is they don’t want to hire more staff than needed for their delivery hell to then lay them off outside of this peak period. So they divert their staff from their usual roles or get volunteers, perhaps seasonal staff might be a better idea.

They try to automate everything which should help reduce the amount of labour hours but obviously needs to be improved, during this transition they should start answering the phones properly at the service centres.

In theory if they improve their efficiencies and improve the common defects long term this will reduce the labour hours needed on cars but they already delivered 100k’s of cars and they are still being delivered with problems or having breakdowns a few weeks into ownership that they then need to spend time fixing.

Staff excluding West Drayton have all been fine to deal with but it seems most of the problems are out of their control.

Reactions: ringi