Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Tesla's upcoming 'under your nose' announcement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem with this is the "will make Model S owner's happy" doesn't make any sense. I has to be dealing with existing cars. And the ability to add a new motor, and FWD to my car for $15k isn't something I would care about in the least.

You live in GA, where it is of marginal usefulness. It would be very nice to have here, where we have winter.

FWIW I don't think this announcement has anything to do with AWD.

I did hear from a tech that the Model S was being artificially capped, well below its limits, by software to ensure reliability. I wonder if they're going to ease those restrictions a little.
Interesting. They recently updated MSP 0-60 with 4.2 sec vs old 4.4sec. Did they improved performance through software update because they got more confident in reliability? Or they simply changed the way 0-60 calculated(rollout etc)?

The problem with this is the "will make Model S owner's happy" doesn't make any sense. I has to be dealing with existing cars. And the ability to add a new motor, and FWD to my car for $15k isn't something I would care about in the least.

Here’s the exact quote from Musk near the end of a Bloomberg interview on April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]:

“Then there’s a third announcement that I won’t quite talk about, but I think is pretty cool, except to say that if you’re driving a Model S, it’s right under your nose.”

There’s no explicit mention of, “Will make Model S owners happy.” Such a meaning would have to be inferred.

Keep in mind that the interview was unscripted and the comment was in answer to a journalist’s question. I used to be one of those who would ask such questions of newsmakers on TV. The resulting answers are not always as precise as the responder may want them to be, if he had time to write them out. So in this case we may be working too hard at parsing every word in an attempt to decipher a somewhat cryptic message.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/musk-...POTKv9N6g.html

Here’s the exact quote from Musk near the end of a Bloomberg interview on April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]:

“Then there’s a third announcement that I won’t quite talk about, but I think is pretty cool, except to say that if you’re driving a Model S, it’s right under your nose.”
That says to me it's in existing vehicles that are on the road being driven now.

I am wishing and hoping that this announcement is huge - but based on the recent announcements that were all a bore, I'd have to say that Elon is making this announcement out to be a lot bigger than it really is - it's probably something small /trivial :(