Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the best controller for playing the games on Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been doing quite a bit of research on which controllers to buy for my 2021 Model Y Long Range, currently running 2021.32.10. I came down to the Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad or the Xbox One Wireless Controller.

I have tried the XBox One Wireless Controller connected via USB type C, it works on the new Sky Force Reloaded, but the A and B on the keypads are reverse in the game.

Has anybody tried the Logitech F710 recently and if it works completely with Sky Force Reloaded?

I have a Jeda hub plugged into the two USB type C port underneath the center console. I am planning to use the two USB ports on the Jeda hub for gaming. I am assuming the wireless adapters for the Logitech F710 can just be plugged into the two USB ports? Does anybody have experience with connecting two controllers to the two USB ports on the Jeda hub at the same time, and whether they work or not?

Any other advice would be much appreciated as well.

Does anyone know of a wireless adaptor for the Xbox One controller that definitely works with the 2021 MiC Model 3?

I have the mayflash Magic-NS as recommended in lots of different places. The controller will pair with my phone and any other suitable device but it absolutely will not pair with the Magic-NS in the car. I sent the first one back and got a second one - same story. Tried pairing on every colour (and am definitely not confusing green and yellow). Followed some you-tube demos exactly - no joy.

Controller works in the car using a USB-C cable and as I said will work via bluetooth with other systems.

Upvote 0
I can't help you with wireless controllers, however, I have the Jeda hub + wired Logitech F310 and it works great with Sky Force.

I have been doing quite a bit of research on which controllers to buy for my 2021 Model Y Long Range, currently running 2021.32.10. I came down to the Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad or the Xbox One Wireless Controller.

I have tried the XBox One Wireless Controller connected via USB type C, it works on the new Sky Force Reloaded, but the A and B on the keypads are reverse in the game.

Has anybody tried the Logitech F710 recently and if it works completely with Sky Force Reloaded?

I have a Jeda hub plugged into the two USB type C port underneath the center console. I am planning to use the two USB ports on the Jeda hub for gaming. I am assuming the wireless adapters for the Logitech F710 can just be plugged into the two USB ports? Does anybody have experience with connecting two controllers to the two USB ports on the Jeda hub at the same time, and whether they work or not?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a wireless adaptor for the Xbox One controller that definitely works with the 2021 MiC Model 3?

I have the mayflash Magic-NS as recommended in lots of different places. The controller will pair with my phone and any other suitable device but it absolutely will not pair with the Magic-NS in the car. I sent the first one back and got a second one - same story. Tried pairing on every colour (and am definitely not confusing green and yellow). Followed some you-tube demos exactly - no joy.

Controller works in the car using a USB-C cable and as I said will work via bluetooth with other systems.
Which controller are you using? I have heard that the MayFlash stick does not support the newest xbox series s/x controller.

I can't help you with wireless controllers, however, I have the Jeda hub + wired Logitech F310 and it works great with Sky Force.
Does your Logitech F310 have vibration? What about the other games? Does it work with all of them? Are the ABXY buttons correct as well? For example, A corresponding to A.

Upvote 0
No, it doesn't rumble. Its worked with everything I've tried and the button mapping appears correct.

Note that its not very good with Millipede as it doesn't seem to have fine control to micro shift left and right.

Does your Logitech F310 have vibration? What about the other games? Does it work with all of them? Are the ABXY buttons correct as well? For example, A corresponding to A.

Upvote 0
Yeah all the buttons are wrong, what's up with that? For some reason the left thumb click acts as the pause button, which is brutal when I get into tense situations and accidentally pause myself to death.

I know things are a little busy at the plant, but let's get that fixed Elon, sheesh.

Reactions: OxBrew
Upvote 0
As well as the MayFlash I have now tried the 8BitDo orange brick with 4 different new xbox one controllers - they won't pair either. Adaptors and controllers all fully updated. Xbox and every other interfering bluetooth device powered off etc. They won't even pair with the adaptor plugged into a pc or a Mac.
I think something must definitely have changed with the latest xbox one controllers or their software. Neither MayFlash nor 8BitDo adaptors will pair with them at all.
I guess using usb-c cables isn't so bad really.

Upvote 0
As well as the MayFlash I have now tried the 8BitDo orange brick with 4 different new xbox one controllers - they won't pair either. Adaptors and controllers all fully updated. Xbox and every other interfering bluetooth device powered off etc. They won't even pair with the adaptor plugged into a pc or a Mac.
I think something must definitely have changed with the latest xbox one controllers or their software. Neither MayFlash nor 8BitDo adaptors will pair with them at all.
I guess using usb-c cables isn't so bad really.

Thanks - this is the exact experience i'm having! Am on a quest to get the XBox Wireless Controller to work with Tesla (in my case the 2021 Model S). Have also tried the 8BitDo and Mayflash NS and S Pro to no avail...

Does anyone know of a usb adapter that works with the XBox Wireless Controller? Any ideas if 8BitDo or Mayflash will support it :/

Reactions: mikeyg_ev
Upvote 0
A bit late but anyone who is having an issue with their Xbox One Controller connecting wirelessly needs to try rolling back the controller firmware. I updated my controllers and they stopped working with my Mayflash Magic NS. It states now on their website that the USB adapter does not work wirelessly with the latest firmware update for the Xbox One controllers. I followed the instructions below and it restored wireless connectivity with my Xbox One controllers and my 2020 M3. On a side note, I was also experiencing connectivity issues with my PC. Controller connected by didn't work properly.

Upvote 0
I tried a bunch of different configurations and eventually settled on a Sony DualSense PS5 controller + 8bitdo USB adapter combination which works with all Tesla Arcade games.

Good to know. I went so far as to customize and order a pretty sweet XBox wireless controller only to find out it works neither directly with the car nor any of the currently available USB wireless adapters... lame. May have to spring for the Sony, looks cool.

Reactions: dburkland
Upvote 0

You may want to try our wireless game controller designed for Tesla. And our wireless game controller supports multiple player gaming.

You may find more details here

Also, here's some customer review of our game controller,

Hope this answered your question!

Upvote 0
I tried a bunch of different configurations and eventually settled on a Sony DualSense PS5 controller + 8bitdo USB adapter combination which works with all Tesla Arcade games.

While playing is there any way to get battery life info from the controller? Any special light color or button combination to flash the battery status? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Old thread, but I thought I would add (I didn't see this but may have missed in in this thread). I have used both the F310 and the F710. Both work perfectly.
I currently have two of the F710 (wireless Logitech) in my main car, and keep the F310 (wired) in the wife's.

Upvote 0
Just interested in knowing, with the number of YouTube channels that Jowua send their products to, has anyone used their controllers and does it work without issues? I’m seeing everyone who writes a review or uploads a video on their products, have all been sent to them by Jowua. Even with the “non bias” review. I don’t see anyone who purchased it and reviews it.

Upvote 0