Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the best solution for Black Tesla Emblems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread has an add-on emblem cap. I used sometthing similar on my kid's Tacoma. They've stayed in place and were super easy to install.

I got mine from here:

This is a cover that goes over the existing chrome emblems. After 11,000 miles, they still look good and I'm happy with them.

There is an older thread that talks about emblems in more detail (but I couldn't quickly find it). Here is my photo:

1650769060619.png

1650769123494.png

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Rod's Tint shop here in SoCal, got an OEM replacement part for me, painted it and mounted .. Cleanest way to do it. They tried to do it using the original emblems, but the sticky tape they used was too thick so it didn't look good. The OEM tape is apparently just the right thickness for it to be flush

I got mine from here:

This is a cover that goes over the existing chrome emblems. After 11,000 miles, they still look good and I'm happy with them.

There is an older thread that talks about emblems in more detail (but I couldn't quickly find it). Here is my photo:

View attachment 796889

View attachment 796890

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
Those look real nice. If I ever needed to remove the covers, would it be easy?

I got mine from here:

View attachment 796889

View attachment 796890

Scott

--

Going to look into these^^^

Plastidip is good, I've done that on Audis previously. The best way to do this is just buy new black emblems off eBay. Place masking tape around the OEM emblems as close to the emblems as possible to form a box, then remove the OEM emblems. Remove any residue with goo gone or alcohol. Then place the new black emblems on within the masking tape box. Done.

Wondering if it is better to wrap the existing OEM Tesla badges or order new aftermarket black ones?
I recently got my Red/Blk MYP, I ordered (Amazon) black emblems because I wanted to keep it Blk/Red.. Just had the Clear Bra done; Told the guys to just go around it.. just my choice 🤷🏻‍♂️ Happy with it.

Attachments

• 6C807F8A-A85F-4C52-84E0-DCE8869C07DB.jpeg
    6C807F8A-A85F-4C52-84E0-DCE8869C07DB.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 246
I got mine from here:

View attachment 796889

View attachment 796890

Scott

--

Nice, did the same thing 👍🏻 Red/Blk awesome