Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what is the best wired/wireless controller for model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what would be the current best choice of wired/wireless controller for the model 3? I have a 2021 model 3, with it I tried the PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Nintendo Switch (worked for only one game). I also tried Xbox Wireless Controller x/s + Mayflash (could not connect wirelessly, but did work for all games if using a cable). is there any cheap wired option or premium wireless option... that works for all games?

Just posted how I was able to restore function to my Xbox One Controllers and my Mayflash Magic NS. Not sure if it works for Series X/S controllers though.

I use the Logitech Gamepad F310. It's been pretty good.
Except it doesn't work with the new Sonic game, most of the time.

I've been able to get my F310 to work once with Sonic, after switching the switch on the back from X (Xinput) to D (Direct) mode. I'm not sure what magic sequence of buttons I pushed but at some point the right analog trigger started to pause and unpause the game. At that point could use the left stick to move and A or B to jump.

Another time, I got the same right trigger pause/unpause action but could only jump with A or B. I couldn't move with the left stick.

Most times I can't get it to work at all, no matter what buttons I press.

It works fine for all other games that allow or require a controller.

I like the X-Box Bluetooth controller the best. It matches my white interior and works with the iPad as well.
Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 8.37.04 PM.png

Reactions: Eugene Ash
On that note, I just got a "PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox Series X/S"
for my M3P and while trying 1st game: Sky Force Reloaded, I noticed that buttons A & B are inverted.
Wondered if anyone else is having same problem?

what would be the current best choice of wired/wireless controller for the model 3? I have a 2021 model 3, with it I tried the PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Nintendo Switch (worked for only one game). I also tried Xbox Wireless Controller x/s + Mayflash (could not connect wirelessly, but did work for all games if using a cable). is there any cheap wired option or premium wireless option... that works for all games?
Hi,

It looks like our wireless game controller fits perfectly to your 2021 Model 3. Our wireless game controller supports all Tesla games wirelessly.

You may find more product information here:

Also, here's some of our customer review on our wireless game controller.

We are here to serve all the TMC members and let us know if you have any questions regarding our product!

TPARTS

@TPARTS On my October 2021 Fremont built M3P Sonic just runs in a demo loop. Button presses on my Logitech F310 do nothing in Sonic, in either X or D mode on the gamepad. The gamepad works for other games e.g. the racing game.

Is that due to controller incompatibility? Should Sonic be playable in my car with your controller?

@TPARTS On my October 2021 Fremont built M3P Sonic just runs in a demo loop. Button presses on my Logitech F310 do nothing in Sonic, in either X or D mode on the gamepad. The gamepad works for other games e.g. the racing game.

Is that due to controller incompatibility? Should Sonic be playable in my car with your controller?
Yes, our wireless game controller will be working perfectly on your M3P and you may refer to those customer's review video for the demonstration!

Hope this answered your questions!

TPARTS