Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the closest Supercharger to your house?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are taking the credits they get for green energy distribution and using that to give away free power from fast chargers. But I also put in solar last September and use that to charge my car on a daily basis. Just use the CHAdeMO to tank up before a trip.

4.9 miles and 14.7 miles are the two closest (and I live in West Virginia!), but of course I never use them. Rooftop solar installation and garage means I charge at home as much as I can. For various reasons that I won't get into here, I make more power than I can use for the all electric house and car, so no reason to charge anywhere else unless traveling.

I didn't realize I was so blessed to have so many superchargers around me until I bought my Tesla. I live in Dublin California.

Tesla Service Center - 1.1 Mile
Taco Bell Parking Lot Supercharger - .75 Mile
Target Parking Lot Supercharger - 2 Miles
Lucky Parking Lot Supercharger - 2 Miles (Not open yet)

Does anyone live closer than that to a supercharger? I think it's very nice!

Closest one to me is up in Salt Lake City (40 miles away). They've announced two near me for later this year. One only 20 miles north instead of 40 and another right here in town! (Provo).

Any day now one is scheduled to open 19 miles from me. The site is all done and just waiting on a utility transformer. Also, they will be breaking ground pretty soon on another site about 4 miles from me. Nice to know there will soon be plenty of superchargers around me.

I didn't realize I was so blessed to have so many superchargers around me until I bought my Tesla. I live in Dublin California.

I'm less than a half-mile from the brand-new superchargers (12 stations) at the Premium Outlet Mall in Pismo Beach, California.
Tesla superchargers Pismo 1a.jpg
I saw 2 Teslas plugged-in yesterday, so I assume these superchargers are now working. But I don't have a Tesla (yet), so can't verify.

I live in Port Jeff Station, NY on Long Island. there is only one Supercharger within 20 miles of me.

Islandia, NY - 16 miles West
328191.jpg

I'm surprised that despite being so densely populated and being the top region for EV registrations in NYS, there hasn't been much expansion into Central Long Island.
C8ZSp9N.png

All the latest superchargers opened or coming soon are way East on the island.

Watermill, NY - 44.4 miles East
Riverhead, NY (Coming Soon) - 25.7 miles East
Montauk, NY (Coming Soon) - 68 miles East

N8tLpz4.png

Brookhaven town in Central Suffolk County is a charging ghost town, despite being the most populous township in the county.

I live 3.2 miles from the nicest Supercharger station I've been to here in Santa Clarita. 24 stalls, rated up to 250Kw, good uptime. Great little foreign-foods market nearby along with a Walgreens and even a small lake. I love this place. Sometimes I go to charge just because I miss it, and it's great to see all of the other Teslas.

The next closest is Simi Valley, 15 miles away.

My home-charging solution for my townhome is not going to get better than trickle-charging at 4-5 mph. As assorted others are painfully aware, I've made many strong attempts to have the electrical charging upgraded. If I need to drive a lot again this Supercharger will be needed a few times a week until I can move into a single-family home and get some real charging (Tesla Wall Connector is my goal). 45 mph charge rate!

I'm also close enough to the Burbank showroom where my Tesla Advisor found a P3D- for me, which also happens to be the closest showroom to me. Of course I'm in SoCal which is a very EV-centric place to start.

Last edited:
Reactions: TESLER2013
95 miles for me: Grand Junction CO. I have used it 36 times on road trips. However, a new Supercharger Station is under construction only 30 miles away in Montrose CO. It will be my first "local" Supercharger Station. It will get used coming home on road trips, to reduce the long charge time needed at Poncha Springs CO.

The nearest service center is 300 miles away, Littleton CO, and requires an overnight stay to visit. Some of you don't realize how good you have it!