Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the closest Supercharger to your house?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
39 miles south is the closest supercharger for us, and we’ve never used it. West is about 100 miles and we’ve used it once. East is 130 miles and we used it a few times. North is 235 miles... and our MYP won’t make it... unless we stay under 50 mph. Why did I get the performance? Haha.

I wonder if the phrase “If you build it, they will come.” is appropriate? California has many, many, many superchargers to accommodate the crowds of cars, and looking at the data on supercharge.info they are prioritizing new construction in CA. However in areas of low EV (Tesla) adoption, the Fill-in-the-gap chargers seem to be less of a priority. If Tesla filled in some of these areas maybe more people that you wouldn’t normally think would buy an EV, might consider getting one?

Reactions: APotatoGod
And I thought our local supercharger was close! 2.7 miles as the crow flies, or 3.7 by car away. Even if not the closest, the fact it's a service center too is definitely a nice bonus! Also just yesterday I spotted some new under-construction super chargers even closer, apparently 1.9 miles away by car.

Until we had a level 2 charger installed, I would go there every few weeks for a top-up, with level 1 charging overnight in between. Since upgrading to the HPWC, haven't gone there since!

Hi all, I am looking for some stats on the energy delivered from the supercharger network. I have seen this screen online previously. Has anyone seen it since and have a photo? I believe it can be found at some supercharger sites and Tesla stores. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

Attachments

• Tesla supercharger network.PNG
    Tesla supercharger network.PNG
    181.5 KB · Views: 54
Once they turn on the newly built SC at Del Amo Mall, that’ll be the closest one to me. Everything looks just about finished, so I hope they’ll be flipping the switch soon.
Still haven’t flipped the switch at Del Amo as of a week ago. Curious what the hold up is. The bank of free chargers Del Amo offered have also been “down for maintenance” for a couple of months. That’s understandable since people abused the crap out of the free chargers there for probably little to no return for Del Amo, but AFAIK Tesla pays for the electricity for the SCs.

95 miles for me: Grand Junction CO. I have used it 36 times on road trips. However, a new Supercharger Station is under construction only 30 miles away in Montrose CO. It will be my first "local" Supercharger Station. It will get used coming home on road trips, to reduce the long charge time needed at Poncha Springs CO.

The nearest service center is 300 miles away, Littleton CO, and requires an overnight stay to visit. Some of you don't realize how good you have it!
As of December 18th, I now have my first ever local Supercharger Station in Montrose CO, about thirty miles away from home. It will be helpful when returning from road trips since I won't need to charge quite so high at other Supercharger Stations, such as Poncha Springs CO, which takes well over an hour in my small battery, low range S-60.

Supercharging at Montrose20201218_145059sf.jpg
^ Supercharging at Montrose CO on the first day it was open, just to check it out.

Levis, QC for me, ~25km from home. Although I charge at home, I've used it a couple of times for unplanned, last-minute trips when my battery was low. Instead of waiting 2-3 hours at home, I hop to the SC for 10-15 minutes.
So, I believe that it's necessary to have one close to home, even when they are only for trips. There should be one more closer to home as this one is sometimes out of my way, depending on where I'm going.