Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the difference between posts and threads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posts are individual comments. Your question is a post, my answer is a post. A thread is a series of posts, more or less on a single subject. These posts make up the thread you started.
I generally use the "New Posts" tab to see what's changed unless I'm looking for something specific when I either use the search function or use the Forums tab to try to get to the threads about the subject I'm looking for.

Also, when you log in check the "bell" icon on the upper right if you are using a computer, laptop, or your cell phone in landscape mode to see if there any replies in the threads you have posted in or where your forum name has been mentioned ("tagged"). If there's a number in a small red box next to that icon, that means there's been some activity that you may want to check. Hover over (or tap) the icon and you'll get a dropdown box with links to the appropriate threads.

If your phone is in portrait mode, then the red box will be next to a very small representation of your avatar, if you have one. Tap that icon, then tap the bell for a list of your alerts.

Thanks. I think maybe what I meant to ask is what is the difference between a thread and a conversation? Like when I look at the symbol between my avatar and the bell, it shows a conversation I started a while back, but not any threads. What is a conversation?