Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the Difference Between Rated and Ideal Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 S 60Kwh battery and my rated range has dropped from 170 on a full charge to 139 in a little over a year. Telsa has told me the battery is fine with a CAC of 218 Ah, but that means absolutely nothing to me. Their explanation about my range just includes comments about my daily driving habits, use of air and heat, radio, etc... I charge to 80-90% daily and discharge to about 50-70 miles. I drive about 30 miles back and forth to work on backroads - some hilly parts but not a lot of stop and go traffic and my speed is usually 50- 60mph. I consistently keep the Wh/Mi around 280-290 so I don't think I'm driving excessively harsh. I would love to know other 2013 MS60 owner's rated range on a full charge? Just wondering if this is normal or if my range is significantly lower.

I have a 2013 S 60Kwh battery and my rated range has dropped from 170 on a full charge to 139 in a little over a year. Telsa has told me the battery is fine with a CAC of 218 Ah, but that means absolutely nothing to me. Their explanation about my range just includes comments about my daily driving habits, use of air and heat, radio, etc... I charge to 80-90% daily and discharge to about 50-70 miles. I drive about 30 miles back and forth to work on backroads - some hilly parts but not a lot of stop and go traffic and my speed is usually 50- 60mph. I consistently keep the Wh/Mi around 280-290 so I don't think I'm driving excessively harsh. I would love to know other 2013 MS60 owner's rated range on a full charge? Just wondering if this is normal or if my range is significantly lower.
2013 S with 121,000 miles. I'm at 184 rated miles 100% and 165 rated miles at 90%.