Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the driving range in Valet Mode??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
drove around for about 15 miles in valet mode the other day. Didn't notice a difference in my wh/m at all, in fact it went up. I think the terrain you're driving over has more effect on your range than the mode you're in.

I still think it would be possible for Tesla to make an eco mode that actually effects range though. It would be more sophisticated than just what valet mode does I would think.

I still think it would be possible for Tesla to make an eco mode that actually effects range though. It would be more sophisticated than just what valet mode does I would think.
I'm certain they could. Not sure they could reach the highs (or better, lows) of jerry33 but I'm sure they could create a mode that improves on what we see today. Why aren't they doing it? The risk that the driving performance in THAT mode becomes what the Model S is known for.
I certainly wouldn't mind having an Eco mode on my P85D. I don't think I'd spend a lot of time in it (heck, I experience range anxiety with my 60 only a hand full of times), but on those days when every Wh counts that would sure be useful to have.

I'm certain they could. Not sure they could reach the highs (or better, lows) of jerry33 but I'm sure they could create a mode that improves on what we see today. Why aren't they doing it? The risk that the driving performance in THAT mode becomes what the Model S is known for.
I certainly wouldn't mind having an Eco mode on my P85D. I don't think I'd spend a lot of time in it (heck, I experience range anxiety with my 60 only a hand full of times), but on those days when every Wh counts that would sure be useful to have.

I agree. If it just limited the power like range mode in the Roadster, I would be happy. I found it a bit easier to be gentle with the acceleration when driving my S in valet mode since the throttle mapping makes it easier to get just a little power without having to be super careful with the accelerator.