Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the dumbest thing your Tesla does?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ghost emergency steering trying to kill me, like when cutting turns or even neighborhood driving. Feature cannot be deactivated as it reactivates on next drive. Elon needs muzzled, otherwise more mediocre engineers will replace real talent to wreak havoc at Tesla.
Not understanding what you're talking about. Do you mean Lane Departure? I turned mine off, and it stays off.

Not understanding what you're talking about. Do you mean Lane Departure? I turned mine off, and it stays off.
I think he's experiencing steering interventions as a function of Lane Assist. The question is is Lane Assist a function of Lane Departure Avoidance. The user manual shows Lane Assist above Lane Departure Avoidance and doesn't list a way to disable Lane Assist.

There is a broad, sweeping curve on a state highway in my town. There is a long single story white building on that curve. For 2 years and 6 months now, almost every time I take my 2020 M3 down that state highway it thinks that building is a tractor trailer truck. An image of one even shows up on the screen. The car brakes hard, its collision alarm beeps loudly, the phantom tractor trailer on the touch screen turns red, and then the car realizes it's just a building. This always happens if I am in cruise control and usually (tho not always) happens even if I'm not in cruise control. Pretty stupid. What ever happened to machine learning?

There is a broad, sweeping curve on a state highway in my town. There is a long single story white building on that curve. For 2 years and 6 months now, almost every time I take my 2020 M3 down that state highway it thinks that building is a tractor trailer truck. An image of one even shows up on the screen. The car brakes hard, its collision alarm beeps loudly, the phantom tractor trailer on the touch screen turns red, and then the car realizes it's just a building. This always happens if I am in cruise control and usually (tho not always) happens even if I'm not in cruise control. Pretty stupid. What ever happened to machine learning?
The object/picture label team was downsized

• Funny
Reactions: SalisburySam
It doesn’t go into drive the first 5 times I push down on the gear selector while depressing the brake
When you first get in your car, before you do anything else, tap your brake peddle (just tap and release - no need to hold it). This wakes up the car and let's it go through it's startup process which takes a few seconds. Then, when you hold the brake peddle and attempt to put into gear, it will happen on the first try.
Despite the distance set to 7 it still brakes late in stop and go enoug where I feel I might be rear ended. I wish the car would chill the **** down and not accelerate quickly only to stop abruptly seconds later.
Have you tried Chill mode? Makes a big difference on this. It doesn't completely eliminate it, just significantly reduces the herky-jerky.

Whenever I am in stop-and-go traffic, I switch to Chill and then take it back out once traffic opens up.

my car reliably ignores my iPhone 12 pro as key but oddly it works if i quickly unlock my phone. 50/50 chance

Is it possible that it has more to do with the phone being in front of you (i.e., facing the car) when you unlock it rather than the actual unlocking? I usually have my phone in my back pocket. It's pretty hit or miss with unlocking the car (usually miss) when the phone is in my back pocket vs. not having my butt in the way between the phone and car.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
When you first get in your car, before you do anything else, tap your brake peddle (just tap and release - no need to hold it). This wakes up the car and let's it go through it's startup process which takes a few seconds. Then, when you hold the brake peddle and attempt to put into gear, it will happen on the first try.

Have you tried Chill mode? Makes a big difference on this. It doesn't completely eliminate it, just significantly reduces the herky-jerky.

Whenever I am in stop-and-go traffic, I switch to Chill and then take it back out once traffic opens up.
Really I never use chill mode. I'll try it. Great tip. Wish the car would be chill automatically in stop in go.

by far the most helpful post I've read in the past year lol