Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the first thing you play on your radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ElSupreme

Model S 03182
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I can't decide if I am going to blast NPR, or put some (electric themed) music on a stick. I might just go 100% 8 bit music. Electric Boogie is probaby the best first song.

I can think of songs:
Electric Boogie - Marcia Griffiths [Electric slide song]
Electric Avenue - Eddy grant
Danger High Voltage - Electric Six
Electric City - Black Eyed Peas
Electric Feel - MGMT
Anything on 8bitpeoples

Bands:
Electric Light Orchastra
Anyone on 8bitpeoples

Ha! That's an interesting question. I actually had made "Maiden Voyage Mixes" on cassette for my first two cars (before I got married and instantly had no time for making mix tapes).

The model S definitely warrants a special music track on delivery.

I think I'll play lots of up-beat, but romantic music, since I wouldn't have such a spiffy new toy without buy-in from the wife :). I could start with some electric-themed track... perhaps music from the movie "Electric Dreams" (yes, I'm that old).

I'm planning to get a friend to drop both of us (and maybe the kids) off at the dealership on delivery day, and we'll ride home together in the new car. Way better than having one of us follow the other back in the ICE car.

/Mitch.

That reminded of an vinyl album i lost in a basement flood ... thx.

I think i will download it in mp3 format and use the title track "Electric Dreams, Electric Sighs" from the Electric Dreams album by John McLaughlin for the maiden voyage.

Part of my wants it to be The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again
but I have a fantastic driving history with The Village by New Order (from Power, Corruption and Lies)

Edit:
Seeing how it is such a joyous car though, I think Ode To Joy, cranked to 11 would be more than appropriate!

The Alpine units in Roadsters has an interesting 'feature' whereby if you sync the iPod/iPhone then connect it to the car, it forgets what you were last playing and plays the first track in the music library.

Mine was: ABC (song for my kids). Not good.
Mine now is: Theme music from Electric Dreams (labelled as AAA in iTunes). Better, but open to suggestions.

1: Gary Numan - Are friends electric
2: Gary Numan - Cars
3: the Human League - together in electric dreams
4: OMD - electricity
5: Kraftwerk - Autobahn
6: Kavinsky - Nightcall (Drive soundtrack)
7: Diamond Head - It's electric
8: Diamond Head - Lightning to the Nations

I'm hoping to be able to hear the electric motor so I'll drive around for the first while without any music. If I can't hear the motor, well I'll just enjoy the silence.

When it does come time for some music, it'll probably be By Divine Right - Come for a ride.

- matt

You'd think that since all of the cars will have flash storage for audio that Tesla would pre-load a "Tesla Mix" of licensed songs to show off the sound system in the car. On my last few Lexus' they would give you a "Lexus Music" CD with a good mix of music to play with as you took delivery of the car.